New Purchase / Old Pathfinder

badger67

I recently purchased a 1988 Pathfinder SE with 5 spd. manual transmission and 4 wheel drive. Power windows, brakes, locks, with a sunroof. High mileage 270K and the body is in really good condition. I have had to replace the hatchback and rear glass strut supports. Motor has new rebuilt heads and lifters. Interior is decent, needs driver and passenger door panel repairs, along with the seats. Front half of carpet needs replacement. So far, finding parts is not an issue until today. I purchased this vehicle with only one key (ignition) and it does not operate the door locks. Having said that, trying to find replacement door lock cylinders has been a major research project and thus far unsucessful with regard to finding door lock cylinders. The only thing close to year model (1988) is a Sentra and would like to know if a Sentra door lock cylinder would work on the pathfinder. Anybody know? I would also be appreciative of any tips for aftermarket parts suppliers and or manuals (besides Haynes)

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to this project........I think?

T.M.

Welcome!! It sounds like a decent buy,just cosmetic issues. I have a parts 95 xe v6 that I just threw up on the parts for sale section, I have 2 door locks (rear cylinder is questionable truck got rear ended) and one ignition with 2 keys, I was going to replace one of my locks with the one on my hardbody (someone jammed a flat head into the lock and busted it just enough where I want to replace it but it still works) yet again im always up for offers, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the 'new' project pathy! :aok:

I have no idea if Sentra door locks would work, but your best bet is to go to the Classifieds.For Sale section here and talk to people parting out vehicles. You should be able to get a whole set. Better verify if they are the same for 2 door and 4 door though, should be.

Rock Auto is a good resource (and we have a discount code in the vendors section), and Rob Lacy (alkorahil) is a great source for factory parts and information.

WWW.FACTORYNISSANPARTS.COM
phone 1-866-742-0297

B

Like a genie from the lamp, Precise1 calls and I am summoned!

I show the door lock cylinders for the right and left side doors on the two door are still available....

PART NUMBER: H0600-01G00

DESCRIPTION: LOCK CYLINDER, RH W/KEY

$38.63 (NISSAN LIST: $70.67)

PART NUMBER: H0600-01G00

DESCRIPTION: LOCK CYLINDER, LH W/KEY

$38.63 (NISSAN LIST: 70.67

However might I suggest:

PART NUMBER: K9810-41G26

DESCRIPTION: LOCK SET-MASTER

$161.61 (NISSAN LIST: $240.88)

This includes both door locks , the tail gate lock, glove box lock, ignition lock and ignition switch, plus two new keys already keyed to the new locks.

• Like 1

You guys are awesome and I am most appreciative of the suggestions. No doubt I came to the right place for this project. Thanks for the tips and encouragement!

• 3 weeks later...