R50 Engine repair or replace

max

Eating oil? hmm no oil in coolant? No obvious oil leaks? If not to those. Pull your plugs, if your bleeding oil past the rings, then they will be black and oily. Exhaust will also have a blue tint smoke to it. After that, check your PCV valve. Rest of it, not familiar with the 3.5. But wish I was, sorry.

BTW, Be safe over there. From what we get on the news here on the Ukraine. Its not so good over there.

Will double check everything tomorrow. PCV valve was changed during last engine repair. Before that repair it was eating a lot of oil, but plugs was good. And coolant level is always the same. Will check for visible leaks, because it is some smell like hot/burned oil under hood after driving.

Thank you, I'm safe here as I'm on western part of country, and we have problems on the east (on border with russia). But your support means a lot to us these days. Thank you! Btw: recently started http://uatoday.tv, should be reliable source of news.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Finally, fixed all problems :)

RPM jumps fixed by replacing bloody TPS (not sure it was required, but just in case ...) and by resetting and learning TPS. Now RPMs is smooth and allows me to drive on low range and 1st gear smoothly without jumps :)

Info for those - who will face this problem:

TPS3.gif

reset.png

learn.png

Congratulations on your success! I also commend you for sticking with it until the end, sounded like a lot of headaches and a lot of people would have given up. :clap:

(Please tell me the power valve screws were done during your rebuild)

• 1 year later...