Cruise Control won't maintain set speed

PamPoovey

Please forgive me if this has been covered before, I'm sorry that I couldn't find it

Lets say I set the Cruise at 55, it will drop to 50ish. Before the cruise control release switches failed, it didnt have this issue.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

That was replaced at the time I replaced the switches since it was cracked, but I will definitely double check on that! So if anything else comes to mind, please share!

Thank you

thank you

thank you

!!!!!

You guys rock!

Make sure the new line is a nice and tight fit. I would also check your cruise throttle cable. They tend to stretch over time. There is a procedure in the service manual for adjusting it.

Thank you kindly, all!!

There was a tidbit of slack with the throttle cable, the road trip is tomorrow, so it won't bet tested until then.

Cheers!

So road trip wasn't as pleasant as it could have been....especially lacking the use of this feature and not realising I had gone the wrong way on a highway...an hour into it :angry:

The vacuum hose was replaced in May, it's quite snug on there, but no clamps. I tightened the throttle cable as you inspired.

It will set but the speed keeps dropping...and dropping...and dropping until it just kicks off the cruise control. This is on flat land or downhill. I set it at 65 and it kept dropping until it was nearly at 48mph andit kicked off.

Any other suggestions? Thank you tremendously in advance. :wub:

Forgot to mention (Don't see an edit button for above), if this helps, that if I push the accel button, it kind of responds, creeps a tiny bit up, but it's not performing as it did years ago...

The EL system of the service manual covers troubleshooting the ASCD (cruise control). It doesn't show this particular symptom, but it does give you things to test, and that might help you track down the problem.

Thank you please forgive that I was hoping someone who had experienced the exact thing would have the exact answer for me :blush02: but I will dig through that next. Thank you again;)