vg33 swap no spark please help

tsailor21

hello everyone

so i am getting to the end of my vg33 swap and i seem to have some plugs with nowhere to put them and i am using all the 3.0 eletronics. i turned it over last night to see if it had spark with my spark tester between the coil and the dist.

so i was wondering if there is a relay for the coil.

thanks guys i really hate trying to figure out eletronics

Edited by tsailor21

I also did the VG33 Swap. Every connector goes in the same spot. I helped a guy here in Colorado do the swap too. He forgot to plug in the knock sensor that is under the intake manifold. But yes like Precise said Please post pics or atleast give us the colors of the wires at the plugs with no homes .

I've done it a couple times, but like that which has been said.... need pix! Lol. Everything should plug right back in.. only difference I had with wiring was the oil pressure sender wire needed to be extended.

Show some pics of the plugs that are remaining?

ok so i got the spark figured out. i had the wrong plug in the coil, but it is not getting fuel. I put a little gas in the intake and it fired. The plugs that seem to have no homes are a little green 2 wire with a clip one that in the same as the coil and 2 more little 2 wire plugs with the clips. so i am wondering if one of these is for the injection systen or fuel pump

thanks for all the help guys

i did try to tdo a search last night and didnt come up with any thing

oh ya and i will try to get some pics up too

Edited by tsailor21

ok so checked and i dont think that my fuel pump is working so i guess it wasent my tbelt that sliped it was my fuel pump that went out. i guess i really didnt need to go vg33 but it will have more power now

hey guys im going to go get a fuel pump now but i was wondering if there is a relay for the pump i checked the fusr and it was fine im asking because i am missing the relay cover under my hood

thanks for the help guys

Yep, there's a relay. It's the rearmost one in the block of relays you're missing the cover for.

I've heard of the wires that connect to the pump failing (rather than the pump itself), you might check those before replacing the unit.

how do you fix the repaired wires. there was some corrosion on the pos and neg waier for the pump so i unsodered them and drilled a small hole for the wire and sodered the wire back togeather and i still have no powe to the pump. and when test the plug for the fp i get 12v. for 3 seconds and then it shuts off. but when i lpug in the fp i get nothing. i did put power direcy to the pump with it pluged in to the harness(i put a jumper wire where i sodered the wires together) and the pump runs and i can start the truck. any advice would be awsome

thanks soo much guys

Check the schematic and route some wires from the relay to the pump? Just an FYI u can pull the rear carpet and there is a plate that u can remove to get better access to the pump aside from droping the tank

Or check the voltage at the relay to make sure its getting what it needs from the ecu...then go from the relay to the tank

Sounds like the pump is fine. Also sounds like the wiring to the plug is okay (when you turn the ignition on w/o starting it, the pump should run for a few seconds.) Check the wires from the plug to the pump for continuity, it sounds like one of them may be busted off inside or at a connector. Whatever you had to jumper over is clearly not working.

The FSM has full wiring diagrams, for what that's worth.

the 12 volts i was getting at the plug was phantom if i test the the plug with just the test leads it showes 12 v buut when i held the wiers on the test leads with mi fingers it had no power so im thinking there is no power at the plug.

also where do i find the fsm for a 92 oldest one i can find is 94

thanks

First one I think goes to part of the IACV. Second is a noise suppressor for the ground circuit, helps cut down on radio noise when the engine is running.