Where have all the Aftermarket companies gone?

txpath4x4

where are they? its like i gotta fabricate everything i want, front bumper with winch spot, cant find a lift worth a dang...if i had a jeep (which i used to have) stuff was everywhere... but here is the funny thing, my Pathfinder is more rugged and trail ready stock; than most jeeps...

I feel your pain... I started 4x4design.com exactly for that reason.... guess what... I'm building a bumper too.... I would have like it so much to just have to pick and choose... Ho well...

• Like 1

where are they? its like i gotta fabricate everything i want, front bumper with winch spot, cant find a lift worth a dang...if i had a jeep (which i used to have) stuff was everywhere... but here is the funny thing, my Pathfinder is more rugged and trail ready stock; than most jeeps...

It is honestly true, isn't it? Other than some of the newer ones with factory electronic lockers, etc of course, but anything that was made at the time the WD21 was made, I'd take the Pathy hands down.

Like he said, aftermarket has always been scarce for the Nissans but there is some left even though many parts are being discontinued. That is strange to me since now the pathys are old and cheap enough to pick up and modify; not many people modify 5 year old $30k 4x4s. Ultimately, the public never saw the Pathfinder as a valid offroader... :shrug:

Ok for a lift, what are you looking for? Suspension or Body?

Bumpers: If you can find an ARB bull bar, even the one for the D21 (Hardbody) will fit with minor modification. TAC (Tactical Armor Group) is another source and they make a pretty neat wincher...

There is a thread around here for sources. Some of the links might be bad, but it will still give you an idea...

B

• Like 1

as far as lift i was looking for something for the rear, i know you can wrench up the front torsion bars and that is fine, mine is my daily driver so i dont want to go too extreme, but i want to keep the stock stance when i raise the torsion bars. :suicide:

bumpers: thanks guys i will see if i can find something around on :googleit:

I believe that an Xterra bumper can be adapted pretty easily, that may only be for the R50 though. Take a look at some XJ bumpers, I found one that was nice & small, cheap (around $400) & looked like it would be easy to adapt for a Pathy.

as far as lift i was looking for something for the rear, i know you can wrench up the front torsion bars and that is fine, mine is my daily driver so i dont want to go too extreme, but i want to keep the stock stance when i raise the torsion bars. :suicide:

bumpers: thanks guys i will see if i can find something around on :googleit:

'93-'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 front coils, cut the pig tails off, get some longer shocks, and viola... 3" lift.

'93-'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 front coils, cut the pig tails off, get some longer shocks, and viola... 3" lift.

I did this not exactly bit. I bought some new springs from oreilly (at the time they costed me $100) I did not however cut off the pig tails. I used a torch and a cheater bar and bent them out to match the coil.after longer shocks and track bar extension. I ended up with the rear a bit higher than the front. I then re indexed the Tbars to try and match. The front would not stay after about a couple of weeks the front would lower, I kept trying to reindex but it would not stay. I eventually bought some Sway Away Tbars and then it stayed. Then I had to get Upper control arms to correct the angle of the ball joints. then I had the issue with the CV joint angles. I had to lower the front just a bit for the CVs. but in the end it worked. was not too bad under $400 total

I feel your pain... I started 4x4design.com exactly for that reason.... guess what... I'm building a bumper too.... I would have like it so much to just have to pick and choose... Ho well...

will this bumper be FS?

I replied to something like this in the past but will post what I was told again:

This was in speaking with a Trailmaster suspension rep that was in the 4x4 shop I used to work in years ago, I was inquiring about the lack of Nissan aftermarket support compared to what was available for Toyota's,

The Trailmaster rep told me, (this is not word for word but the general statement that was made as this was almost 20 something years ago and I don't recall his exact words),

"Just as many Nissan's are sold as Toyota's but we have found that the Toyota owner generally makes more money !"

The following are my thoughts not from the rep.

So if the aftermarket companies can make more money by making Toyota parts than Nissan parts guess who gets left out !

Thank goodness for all the small specialty shops that do not ignore the Nissan's !!!

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...