Jeep recall

1987caddy

The NHTSA is wanting Chrysler to recall certain Jeeps with fuel tanks behind the rear axle. Do you think maybe we could get a recall on our pathfinders since we have rear mounted fuel tanks and some have frame rot?

As are the 87-89's.....and tons of other cars have fuel tanks in the back. Unless there is significant data saying Pathfinders were blowing up left and right, I don't think the fuel tank was a problem.

Honestly, it seems that the ones that rotted out are almost exclusively in salt states and probably were not properly undercoated or properly cared for. A lot of cars rust apart when coated with salt for 6 months out of the year. :shrug:

B

Given Nissan's 'not my problem' approach to defects, I don't think a recall for rust is at all likely unless they start bursting into flame on a regular basis. The only time I've heard of a Pathfinder catching fire involved the resistors for the blower motor.

Many salt states don't use salt anymore...but the chemical they do use will cause corrosion as long as it gets wet meaning all year round rust...aside from 2 years ago where a trailer ramp rubbed on it from moab ut to grant as...I haven't touched/treated it in over 2 years

IMG_20130606_193952_188.jpg

Frame is solid and no rust wasn't undercoated until 2001 when I purchased it

Edited by unccpathfinder