New 2013 pathfinders

txpath4x4

Ok so we all here know what Nissan and their performance brand NISMO are capable of... The pathfinder originally was the answer to TOYOTA 4 Runners and the Isuzu troopers and Mitsubishi Monteros etc. but will the new pathfinder really be a Pathfinder? Or will it be a murano with different lines?

This leads me to another thought... Whats the plan for when these new "pathfinder" owners start showing up on the forums looking for advice?

I'm all for trying to talk someone into lifting that Outback clone 12 inches and adding a snorkel, but has their been any serious discussion here?

Considering this site is named "Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association" I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 13+Pathfinder owners to be signing up, as stated its rare to get a r51 owner here (which is honestly a bit sad, but not AS many of them getting wheeled yet I assume). I'm sure that "thenissanpath" site will get a bunch of them though trying to figure out how to fit 24s and large audio systems...

Wait, there's another Nissan forum? See ya' suckers!!!

I agree that it's ashamed there aren't that many R51's here. There was a really nice looking black one someone had here. It was a couple of years ago ... I think? All I remember is that it had blue suspension components and 35" tires. Very nice looking rig.

You wanna know what I did to my 94? I rebuilt the front end and added every little tid bit of stock stuff I could, got another hook for up front, ordered the stabilizer pin for the frame oh and got a shield for the front under carriage, now only if I could put a roof rack on... The local donor I've been picking clean has one...

X2 !!

Why can't you? Drill some holes and get some of those rivit-in nuts and matching hardware. Roof Rack!

Jacknuts are another option, but yeah, many people have done it, it isn't hard. Some people pull their headliner, but apparently there is nothing in the way so you don't have to...

B

• 6 months later...

I know I'm playing with fire here but I think I saw one of these the other day, and I actually did a double take on it. In person this thing (if it was the new Path that I saw) looks edgy and slightly aggressive with a nice stance, it didn't look anything like the utter soggy milktoast with chinese mustard on top suv the way they made it look here in the promo vid. Based on what I saw the other day, midsize suv with a V8 badge on back and Nissan badge in front, not too much body work, nice suspension stance, I'm inclined to pay a little more attention to it now. I know the difference between the Exterra, R51 and the Armada giant cruise ship that it is, this vehicle was neither and outclassed all of them. I also know it wasn't a Rogue, Juke or Murano. It looked tough, I was surprised. Go ahead, throw your rocks...I can't deny my feelings...until I take a harder look at it instead of passing by and saying "Hey! I think that's the..."

• 1 month later...

Okay, this IS embarrasing, in my post above I realize now it wasn't a new 2013 'Bed-Wetting Finder' that I noticed as I was passing by, no...instead it was I think a 2011 / 2012 R51 that I was admiring...these actually don't look that bad to me now and this newest Crapfinder that Nissan has developed makes the previous generation R51 look like a man's SUV.

http://gomotors.net/Nissan/Nissan-Pathfinder-V8/photos.html?pic=9

Would I drive this? Absolutely without a doubt. The new one? NEVER! I never thought I'd hear myself say it but the R51 now, for me...not that bad. You have to give a nod to the V8 and presence of a real chassis / body on frame.

Edited by gv280z

• 4 weeks later...

After the first trip into the woods me and the wife were driving home and pulled up along side a new Pathfinder. I pointed it out to her. She said "It doesn't have any bumpers" I said yea, that's not made to take in the woods. Hell, I don't even think it was made to get dirty. Sad. Ever since then I kept thinking of her no bumper statement. I am trying to get her into off roading by letting her drive through the woods on the weekends, her confidence builder is me assuring her she can't break it. The bumpers and tree's get well acquainted. Hence her bumper statement. I find myself now looking at the new ones thinking how would I add tube bumpers, which I am a fan of. Cut into the ground effects, etc..Nightmare.No thanks.

• Like 1