Who would like a cheap rear lift option?

So I was gonna pay a local shop to fab me up a 1.5 inch spring spacer and was gonna be around 150 for the set then powder coat them. Well while wheeling with a group of friends i saw that one of them had spring spacers in the rear of their rig. I went to my local junk yard with my old springs to compare and yup really close fit. Well 45 bucks and two days later I have a nice 1.25 leveling kit. What year make and model you ask? 1990-1995 Toyota 4runners!!!! Pics coming soon.

• Like 3

What did you buy at the salvage yard? Rear coil springs out of a 90-95 4-Runner that will fit the rear on our R50s or some sort of factory coil spacers? from a 90-95 4-Runner? Thanks in advance!

I went to the junk yard to check measure ment. So if you Google search rear coil spacers then you will find what your looking for. Mine are daystar spacers.

Do you have the Daystar Part number? So you are saying that the Daystar Spacers for a 90-95 4 Runner will fit our Stock R50 Coils? Sorry my cogswell clogs dont line up all the time Ha hA

Linkinpark, dude you're my hero! I was planning to make some myself but you saved me the time. At $50 a pair that's a very fair price.

I was thinking about installing the NX4 front spacers once my AC springs settle a bit more so this will be a perfect compliment to them. In that pic above did you install them in with an aftermarket spring? I ask because when I installed the AC springs it was difficult to squeeze them in and for a 1 inch spacer in there I would definitely have to compress the springs.

Edit: wait, are they metal or rubber/poly?

Edited by stioc

went and looked at the daystars didnt like the quality looked like the mr gasket spacer i used on my stock spring which is fine but dry out in the desert im gonna go with these when i has more money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BILLET-BLOCK-LIFT-KIT-REAR-1-5-COIL-SPACER-2WD-4WD-4X2-4X4-/360654842462?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996%7CModel%3A4Runner&hash=item53f8b42a5e&vxp=mtr#ht_2435wt_998

Ok Guys,

So if I or anyone finds a site that sells spacers just order them to fit a 90-95 4 Runner rear and they will fit our factory stock R50 rear springs?Is that correct?

So where are we at for the from to get that lifted even with the back now?

Are you sure about the 96-04? I'm pretty sure the 94 4Runners had rear coil springs. If you do a 'image search' on Google you'll see plenty. I do believe the 96+ were different coils than the previous gen so which ones work with the R50s?

As for that Billet T6061 Aluminum for $70 with free shipping? that's a great deal! if it's the right diameter and comes in one inch lift.

they switched from the second gen august of 1995 so technically its a 95 with a 96 build year if that makes sense but second gens have shackles and third have coil rears

not that this is a viable source but u can see here and shop i went to for the daystar spacers told me they dont fit a 95 as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_4Runner#Third_generation_.281995.E2.80.932002.29

they switched from the second gen august of 1995 so technically its a 95 with a 96 build year if that makes sense but second gens have shackles and third have coil rears

not that this is a viable source but u can see here and shop i went to for the daystar spacers told me they dont fit a 95 as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_4Runner#Third_generation_.281995.E2.80.932002.29

Sorry bud but I'm pretty sure the 2nd gen 4runners had rear coil springs (first gens had leaf springs):

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/CoilSpringSpacer.shtml

I quote from the link above:

"The extra 1/2" of lift is usually just the ticket to counteract the classic rear end sag common on the 2nd generation 4Runner (1990-1995). Also, since the rear wheel wells are cut lower (by about 3") than the front wheel wells, even a perfectly level 4Runner will look like it is sitting low in back. So having the rear end a little higher than the front can make the vehicle look like it sits level. Note: The coil spring spacers only provide lift for the rear end of your 4Runner."

So I reckon the OP was right in listing the correct model years (90-95) of the 4runner compatible with the R50s.

Edited by stioc

NOPE STOIC IS RIGHT 4WHEELPARTS AND WIKI ARE WRONG THEY DO COME WITH COIL SPRINGS THE ONE AT THE YARD ARE CONVERSIONS he has two and the other one the 2wd is coil spring his 96 is coil spring rear also

so just to be safe order these these spacers are for the 95 and look closer to the one that stoic bought up here and i do believe this tech custom do make them is 1in as well

Edited by shoesandsocks

I have the AC lift springs in the back and yes they fit. Now as for a metal ones I wont promise they will fit. When I put weight on these the popped into place. Which means they flexed. Metal wont. And yes for sure it is the 90-95 4runners.

Part Number: KT09100BK
Product Name: Rear Coil Spring Spacers - 1-1/4 Inch
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $39.95

Thats what I ordered.

• Like 1