Need help wheel Allignment !

mrkim_

Hi guys,

Newbie here and just getting into the off-roading world!!

I have a 2004 Pathfinder that I just installed new AC lift (2 inch) and already having problem.

My wheel is sitting in a wierd angle like this --> \ /

Litterly, the bottom of the both wheel is sitting more inner towards the engine.

I figured that it will cause me huge headache later one so I want to fix this problem.

Anyone ran into this problem?

Any sugesttion or answer will be help full

Thanks

Your local auto store might have camber bolts as well. Not sure what you may have close to you, and if they offer the same thing, but it might save you some money/shipping.

Your local auto store might have camber bolts as well. Not sure what you may have close to you, and if they offer the same thing, but it might save you some money/shipping.

I have lordco that is the closest one and Canadian Tire but I highly doubt that Canadian tire would have them.

So if I buy this camber bolts, just install them and it will fix the problem? or I actually need to bring it into the shop to get them professionally align the wheel?

Thanks

Well, you could install them yourself and get your wheels fairly straight by taking measurements. However you can only get it so close. At a shop they can get it on a rack and have it almost dead on with their computers.

Take it to a shop. that way you'll be sure the camber AND toe are right where they should be. There is a very slight chance you might have to use two bolts per side (one on top, on on the bottom) or elongate the top bolt hole in both struts for further adjustment.

Where in BC are you?

I'm in the ordering stage for my rebuild , and I've been wondering about that kit .

Does each kit consist of two bolts for each side , or one bolt ?

Will ordering two kits get me two bolts for each side ?

welcome to the forums

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-camber-alignment-kit-p-2809.html

that will fix your problem

Take it to a shop. that way you'll be sure the camber AND toe are right where they should be. There is a very slight chance you might have to use two bolts per side (one on top, on on the bottom) or elongate the top bolt hole in both struts for further adjustment.

Where in BC are you?

I am in North Vancouver,

Do you know any good alignment shop in Vancouver??

I ma thinking about buying the new camber sets and take it to the shop.

Since I am mobile, I can go anywhere to align my wheel

Not in North Van. If you're ever in Richmond, there is a shop I use for alignments...can't think of the name right now though... :scratchhead:

North Shore off road I think also has a garage. They might be able to do your alignment...I'll get back to you on the richmond shop.

Not in North Van. If you're ever in Richmond, there is a shop I use for alignments...can't think of the name right now though... :scratchhead:

North Shore off road I think also has a garage. They might be able to do your alignment...I'll get back to you on the richmond shop.

Sweet thanks!! That would be helpful!!

I had the same issue (Positive camber) after I installed the NX4 spacers with the lift, camber bolts didn't help me at all as the posi camber was so bad. Without the spacers though you should be fine with the bolts, you could always slot the top bolt hole to give yourself more camber adjustment if needed.

I had the same issue (Positive camber) after I installed the NX4 spacers with the lift, camber bolts didn't help me at all as the posi camber was so bad.

I'm still scratching my head with that one. I wish I could have parked next to your rig to compare our set ups.

• Like 1

I had the same issue (Positive camber) after I installed the NX4 spacers with the lift, camber bolts didn't help me at all as the posi camber was so bad. Without the spacers though you should be fine with the bolts, you could always slot the top bolt hole to give yourself more camber adjustment if needed.

So, I'm guessing you took out the spacers?

I'm still scratching my head with that one. I wish I could have parked next to your rig to compare our set ups.

Well when you drive out here for some mine/desert trips............... :laugh:

So, I'm guessing you took out the spacers?

Yeah, I liked the look with the spacers but until I can slot the top bolt holes I'm "Mr. Rake".

Well when you drive out here for some mine/desert trips............... :laugh:

I would but, the camber would eat the inside of my treads by the time I reached Arizcalifornexas (where the heck are you?). :shrug:

So I just ordered the camber bolt kit from 4x4 parts and installing them with the alignment when I get them.

See whrere that take me lol

Edited by mrkim_

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, Lordco was more expensive then 4x4. They were quoting me like $52 per bolt.

It was better for me to order from 4X4 and pick them up from the US.

I ordered 2 kits so toltal of 4 bolts.

It will arrive this Saturday

Edited by mrkim_

Actually, Lordco was more expensive then 4x4. They were quoting me like $52 per bolt.

It was better for me to order from 4X4 and pick them up from the US.

I ordered 2 kits so toltal of 4 bolts.

It will arrive this Saturday

Ouch! Yes, they are more expensive...pretty much everything here, to do with motorvehicles and their modification is 1.5-4 times more expensive for us than it is for our southern neighbours. Even with the dollar at near par...go figure! :scratchhead::doh: