Turn signal not working

Ok, I have been at it for about 6 months now. More like 3 weeks…. Anyways, all this started when I was testing the climate control wiring… whoops, it was the blower motor that went bad.

At first, the signals were acting weird, by having the oil and battery light come on. Then they go out and the signals start to work. Then all of a sudden, a buzzer goes off under the dash and the battery and oil light come back on and no turn signals. My emergency 4way still work.

After reviewing several forums, google, and bing, I have unplugged the buzzer relay, nothing works. Not even the 4way. I replace it with the same part number IF332, and nothing works. I put back the old one, and the buzzer works, oil light and battery light come on, 4way works, but no turn signal.

Please help. I ran out of ideas.

Thank you.

Damn, I'm not good with electrical issues and it sounds like you have done as much as I would have. Have you looked in the Factory Service Manual for troubleshooting tips or wiring schematics? It is available for download in a thread pinned in the Garage section.

B

That is a tough gremlin to catch. I'd much rather have mechanical issues than electrical just because they can be a royal pain to locate. You say you were playing with the auto climate control. Have you retraced the steps with the wiring harness' that you were testing? It is possible that you partially separated a ground wire (or any wire for that fact) if you were stabbing them with a probe. I'm willing to bet that it is a simple, well hidden, easy fix. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

back to life....

I have not fixed the problem. I followed the schematics, and I have power and ground where I need it to be. I am thinking that the flasher arm is bad. but when I turn the signal to the on position the flasher relay starts to buzz. almost like it getting constant power. I replace it with a new one from auto zone, and my emergency flashers work, but my individual signals won't.

I did however found a burnt wire strip on the back of the cluster that leads to the speedo gauge. I am going to guess, that's why my speedo is jumping all over the place. yet this wire strip does not lead into any of the turn signals. I am also getting pulse voltage from the harness to the cluster. again, my 4-ways will light up if I press the button.

should I use my account and spend $53 on a new turn signal switch? no returns on electrical parts, so kinda sketchy about buying it at the moment.

if you guys have any other ideas on where to look, please, i'm all ears.