Bleeding Clutch Master WD21

Trogdor636

I replaced the master and slave within the last 12 months, but the other day I noticed every now and then the pedal gets a bit soft. Random, not all the time. No fluid loss at all. So I figured I'll grab my dad to help me bleed it to see if that takes care of it. The pedal will not get firm no matter what. I've read of some cars having clutch systems that are difficult to bleed, but I don't remember it being like this. Anybody else spent a bunch of time bleeding? I'd hate to say the master or slave is bad when nothing is leaking and it works well most of the time.

When I replaced my master cyl I had 3x the time in bleeding than the actual labor (even if the master is a cake walk) and that was doing the damper first. Still gotta delete that stupid damper...

Yep, people have complained about the damper, both the bleeding of it and the 'feel' of it. I have an automagic now so I don't have any additional experience with it.

B

I have a leaking damper, so it self bleeds.

I don't believe there is a write up on the delete - but I know someone has deleted it and posted some info on here. May have to search a bit.

Good work B :aok: I remember MY1PATH writing about it, I just need to get off my lazy azz and do it myself. Hell I can put money down I have the jointer for deleting it!