Possible? Alternative parts Aiding in our Lifts?

So are there other coils out there any of you have used for lifting your R50 other than the normal OME,IronMan,AC and the Jeep WJ rear used coil set up also including the drops? I have heard of old style bronco springs that could be used for the front? Then I see the 1" adaptors that fit on top of the front struts and I have also seen longer tube adaptors that fit on top of the front struts? Are there adaptors that a person can just add to the factory coils to get the lift each of us desires? This site AFCO I found has quite a few adaptors in all sizes and coils? It looks like it could be possible to use Maybe some of those parts?Maybe not? I am no expert on lifting the pathfinders and alot of you have got your lifts and know more about them from trial and error.The easy way is if I want a 2" lift that would stand even I would want to buy the AC COILS and a set of those 1" adaptors that go on top of the strut right? My problem is I cant see spending $180 for 2 coils and $100 or whatever they are for a couple of those 3 holed spacers for the front coils.Has everyone on this site just went with the expensive set ups because it was easier to spend the money instead of finding other ways? I am just wondering.Maybe it is the way to go? All the brain work has been done so pay the piper and make it easy? Sorry so long guys I am thinking too hard.

they went with this setup because its the only one available because we have no aftermarket support i mean if u just want an easy option get a drawing of a sfd strut adapter and make it 2in instead of 4 like they come with most kits and your done 2in budget boost for the front. Rear u can just a spacer made or do the wj springs but that will get u way more than a 2in lift in the back. But i used to do exactly what u were doing and i gave up on it but in essence its not us bowing down and lining up to spend money its the fact there is only three manufacturers that make lift spring 2 members that make spacers and 1 member who make the sub frame drop kit and unfortunately when u are trying to be unique with so few but highly dedicated members u have to pay to play. I mean u want something cheap and easy u can trade up for an xterra or 4runner u can buy a 2in lift for those on ebay or amazon for under 160 and be done.

Edited by shoesandsocks

they went with this setup because its the only one available because we have no aftermarket support i mean if u just want an easy option get a drawing of a sfd strut adapter and make it 2in instead of 4 like they come with most kits and your done 2in budget boost for the front. Rear u can just a spacer made or do the wj springs but that will get u way more than a 2in lift in the back. But i used to do exactly what u were doing and i gave up on it but in essence its not us bowing down and lining up to spend money its the fact there is only three manufacturers that make lift spring 2 members that make spacers and 1 member who make the sub frame drop kit and unfortunately when u are trying to be unique with so few but highly dedicated members u have to pay to play. I mean u want something cheap and easy u can trade up for an xterra or 4runner u can buy a 2in lift for those on ebay or amazon for under 160 and be done.

I understand that completely! Its up to each one of us to tinker on our own rides and make stuff up and try it out to see if it will work.Only problem is that we better have another vehicle to drive while this one is in whatever stage of our test lift project. Carry on!

• 2 weeks later...