Tornadoes Last Night

Alkorahil

Thanks to those who have asked. Everything is fine here. I guess it is making national news slowly. It all hit to the southwest of here.

It was a tense evening though. You know it is serious when all the local TV stations run special coverage from 630pm-past midnight non stop no commercials, etc. and the storm sirens are going off.

A one mile wide tornado on the ground, multiple tornadoes reported, 70 mps winds and softball sized hail all moving in your direction makes for a little tension.

anyone who wants pics or videos:

http://www.wfaa.com/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-tornadoes-granbury-photos-video-121304415.html

Man, we had a twister come through this way two years ago. The one that hit our town took out a couple of houses and killed someone. I remember the warning sirens and feeling tense as well. I couldn't imagine multiple tornados, much less one that is a mile wide. Glad you am yours are safe Rob.

Damn, first I had heard of this! I hope the missing people are found alive and well, and my best wishes to all who are affected.

Say what you will about earthquakes, but at least they sneak up on you and are generally over quickly, not like these things.

Quite frankly, this scares the sheit out of me!

hail-granbury.jpg

I am surpriised the tornadoes didn't attack their mortal enemies, trailer parks...

B

Thanks to those who have asked. Everything is fine here. I guess it is making national news slowly. It all hit to the southwest of here.

It was a tense evening though. You know it is serious when all the local TV stations run special coverage from 630pm-past midnight non stop no commercials, etc. and the storm sirens are going off.

A one mile wide tornado on the ground, multiple tornadoes reported, 70 mps winds and softball sized hail all moving in your direction makes for a little tension.

anyone who wants pics or videos:

http://www.wfaa.com/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-tornadoes-granbury-photos-video-121304415.html

Good to know you're all safe. Heard about it here too...

Man, we had a twister come through this way two years ago. The one that hit our town took out a couple of houses and killed someone. I remember the warning sirens and feeling tense as well. I couldn't imagine multiple tornados, much less one that is a mile wide. Glad you am yours are safe Rob.

The biggest twister I've seen in person rattled my dog's brain a bit. Not even big enough to lift his 40 lb body off the ground. Any of those would've made me run for cover like a little girl. :hide:

Damn, first I had heard of this! I hope the missing people are found alive and well, and my best wishes to all who are affected.

Say what you will about earthquakes, but at least they sneak up on you and are generally over quickly, not like these things.

hail-granbury.jpg

I am surpriised the tornadoes didn't attack their mortal enemies, trailer parks...

B

Holy Moly!!!!! Where's da beer? That's big enough to keep one :beer: for each of us nice 'n cool.

Sheesh, that's like something outta the 2012 movie.

On a more serious note, my condolences to those who lost anyone,were injured or left homeless through this disaster.

hail-granbury.jpg

B

There were several pictures posted like the one above of softball sized hail from the storms. One of the live news casts had a pile of about 10 of them they had collected that had fallen. Stuff like that does serious damage and can kill a person if it hits them.

Again it is good this stuff didnt fall right over the heavily populated areas.

Glad your ok Rob, this made the news down here too. Makes me glad we don't get them that big here.

Know what's weird? (wHeird in Nunya speak) is the instant validation of global news when it comes over here from "down under".

Know what's weird? (wHeird in Nunya speak) is the instant validation of global news when it comes over here from "down under".

Exactly, thats nuts!

Seems Oklahoma City got hit very very hard today. I feel bad for them. I fear the injuries and deaths will be high, especially with a school and daycare both being levelled from them....sad.....

Seems Oklahoma City got hit very very hard today. I feel bad for them. I fear the injuries and deaths will be high, especially with a school and daycare both being levelled from them....sad.....

My sister lives in OKC, she's about 25 minutes from where that one tore through town. I couldn't watch any more news on it, complete devastation.