CV boots won't hold up

So the last couple times I have gone off roading my Pathfinder I have town at least one CV boot. This last time I tore the right inner and the left outer CV boots. I have a 4x4parts.com 3" leveling suspension lift and Mile Marker manual hubs but everything else is stock. Are the boots themselves crap or is there an upgrade I should be able to get? I replaced both CV axles at the end of December, tore the left outer at the end of January and then this weekend when I went off roading tore the ones I mentioned earlier. I wish I had the money/time because I would be looking into a SFAS real fast lol.

Something to consider when installing CV boots is to spread out them slightly before you tie off the bands or cable ties on the small end of them.

This prevents them from being bunched up too tight and rubbing against itself with the axle rotation which causes friction and heat buildup, weakening the boot..

In this photo the CV boot is bunched up at the top.

Steering20010.jpg

I do not have a picture of the boot spread out sorry, but just pull it along the axle shaft slightly and tighten the band.

I had a problem with tearing rubber boots too. Plus I just hated them in general. I finally said fskc it and went out and got a vasectomy. That solved all my boot problems.

Listion too this man, he speaks the truth.

• Like 1

Something to consider when installing CV boots is to spread out them slightly before you tie off the bands or cable ties on the small end of them.

This prevents them from being bunched up too tight and rubbing against itself with the axle rotation which causes friction and heat buildup, weakening the boot..

In this photo the CV boot is bunched up at the top.

Steering20010.jpg

I do not have a picture of the boot spread out sorry, but just pull it along the axle shaft slightly and tighten the band.

I would try that but I bought the shaft with the boots on it. I think I will get some of those Rockford boots and throw those on there. I'm sure dropping the front end 1/2" would probably do it too but I love the way the truck looks right now. Thanks!