squirely

johnyreb

Anyone else notice that their pathfinder drifts & breaks loose lot & not on purpose especially on wet pavement i know all vehicles have reduced traction on wet roads but I've never had 1 that breaks loose as often as my pathy

Do you have an Limited slip rear differential? Check to make sure its oil properly and with the correct lsd oil or lsd additive. also, tires have a lot of effect on how easy they break loose... mud terrains in my experiance break loose really easy when wet out, and all terrains have more of a grip. but it doesnt take much to break teh rear end loose anyway. :) I just sit back and enjoy it.

Check the LSD fluid. My LSD rear end breaks loose pretty easily on gravel or snow/ice, but I haven't had any trouble on wet pavement. Then again, I live in a desert.

How's your tire tread? And what're they inflated to?

Lsd is working fine and tread is fine on street tires inflated to 35psi and im not complaining i have fun with it jw if i was the only 1

There really isn't a lot of weight on the drive tires. I know I've notice that they break loose easily too. Especially if making U-turns while getting on the gas. The LSD will bias and try to spin you around a little. I noticed it a lot more before I removed my rear sway bar, because I wasn't nervous about throttling it a little while cornering. I don't imagine you get to drive on ice too much in oklahoma, but you'll really notice it if you do.

I don't think you're the only one to notice this. It think it's pretty normal.

There really isn't a lot of weight on the drive tires. I know I've notice that they break loose easily too. Especially if making U-turns while getting on the gas. The LSD will bias and try to spin you around a little. I noticed it a lot more before I removed my rear sway bar, because I wasn't nervous about throttling it a little while cornering. I don't imagine you get to drive on ice too much in oklahoma, but you'll really notice it if you do.

I don't think you're the only one to notice this. It think it's pretty normal.

it actually snowed this morning lol we get more ice and snow than u think

Squirely? As in behavior or atributes akin to a Knight's servant or shield bearer?

Yeah, its the LSD. My first one spun me around a few times before I got used to babying it when appropriate.

B

Its tendency to break loose combined with my tendency to push my luck got me in trouble today.....

first ticket ever i unexpectedly broke loose and drifted beautifully around a turn and decided to try again on the way back wouldn't you know it there was a county mounty comin round at the same time

you guys think these things break loose easy? Lol. Not even CLOSE to my 2005 6-speed Frontier. That thing you would stick in 2nd and wood it and arroooouuuuuuuunnnnnd it would go. No LSD, no locker, no weight, and 265HP.

Good tread or not, you have @!*% tires.

I had the same problem. Did the same thing in front of a cop (he let it slide *pun*). Then I changed to 12.50 Pro Comp Mudders.... Never lost traction again.

Cheap, hard-compound tires with f you in the a.