4 door converted to 2 door

3rdtimesacharm

I surprisingly don't mind the camo (though all the windows being covered would change) and I DON'T personally like the trim on the front of the scoop. Those can be changed though, otherwise I dig it and can always approximate work done well.

Is off roading big in the UK?

It's definitely got a following. Probably limited due our size and ever increasing 'no go' areas, but it's definitely here. Land Rovers being the most popular choice.

This camo WD21 looks to be more show pony than off roader. Plus, those tyres have probably done 'less than 1000miles' because you'd get pulled over as soon as the cops saw how much they stick out :whistle:

Kudos to the effort they put in. I hope the new owner becomes a NPORA member.

Off-roading in the UK has so many restrictions it's not funny, and any infraction on the part of the off-roader can end up with hefty fines if the cops know what they are doing.. because there is a very, very good fine for 80 pounds that's for "Driving elsewhere than a road" so if you drive in to a farmers field... you can get the fine, and if a road gets restricted it's de-listed as being a road, therefore that fine applies. There are a heap of other things that restrict it (I policed in the area I used for 4WDing so I knew exactly where I could and couldn't go and stuck to it like superglue, and if I saw someone off doing the wrong thing I would stop them and tell them if they didn't wake up I'd report them for summons).

Ummm, I like the bodywork, the back side windows are painted over because they are full metal panels replacing windows to give it a smoother look, the rear window though - would've kept that as a window and perhaps limo-tinted it.. clearly it's been set up for using for something specific, the boxes in the back etc.. not as a 'shaggin-wagon' though as it's not a full bed built in.. though it'd do ok for that... but I'd say possibly some sort of trade like perhaps electronics or something.. thus making the back fairly well impenetrable and unable to see in to it.

Agree that the bonnet scoop might be a fair bit OTT because it's not a Subaru Impreza!

@Leo94, why do you say that it's not a genuine Safari Snorkel? (It looks like it to me, just wondering is all)

When I went out 4wding (which is commonly known as "Green Laning") in the UK I used a Frontera which I converted from 2.0 litre petrol to a 2.8 TDI. Much nicer, and again, like the Pathfinder a very underrated and very capable vehicle! (and both are torsion bar front end so a lot of commonalities but I think the Frontera actually felt a little bigger)

Notice how it says "Safari Snorkels" not "Safari Snorkel", Its kinda like when you find imitation phones on ebay e.g nokig = nokia. Here is an example of the genuine safari snorkel logo

1263-20130204_SafariSnorkel_0008.jpg

When I went out 4wding (which is commonly known as "Green Laning") in the UK I used a Frontera which I converted from 2.0 litre petrol to a 2.8 TDI. Much nicer, and again, like the Pathfinder a very underrated and very capable vehicle! (and both are torsion bar front end so a lot of commonalities but I think the Frontera actually felt a little bigger)

Got to love Fronteras. For anyone not familiar, this was the swb. They're usually a 2.0 petrol with the odd 2.8td and even rarer 2.5td kicking around..

168662_10150361624035134_643555133_16461

What put me off having another was the massive metal pillar behind the doors blocked alot of view, plus the 2.0 being pretty damn guttless.

It looks like an Isuzu Amigo (two door Rodeo).
I almost bought one of those when I was stationed in Chicago. It was lifted on beefy tires, but it was salmon pink with green pinstripe. *gag*

Leo94, nice spot and a very good point.

3rdtimesacharm, yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with that big 'B' pillar, though I got used to it very quickly, but I'm used to driving/riding anything so I can chop and change and get used to things fairly easily..

This was my baby..: (it underwent a transformation from 2.0i to 2.8 TDI) As you can clearly see I often went out 4wding with other owners, just need to find some Pathfinder owners near me now!

8eb7e221.jpg

• 4 weeks later...