R50 OME/KYB Suspension part numbers

Bluewulf73

At the request of a fellow member, here are the part numbers for my suspension upgrade.

These are for my pre 11/1998 R50 Pathfinder so these technically should fit 1996 to 11/98 Pathies.

Front springs:

Old Man Emu Heavy Duty springs: Part # 2928 (According to OME should lift the vehicle .5 of an inch)

Rear Springs:

Old Man Emu Medium Duty springs: Part #2922 (According to OME should lift the vehicle .5 of an inch)

Rear Shocks:

Old man Emu nitro rear shocks, Left and Right: part #N61

Front Struts:

According to KYB, their GR2 and ExcelG struts are essentially the exact same thing. KYB's are silver and ExcelG's are black. KYB no longer lists the GR2 for the 1996-11/98 pathfinder, they only list the ExcelG for it. Apparently, KYB is trying to have their shocks and struts look more like "Original Equipment" and is spraying their newest shock and struts black. I was loucky enough to get one excelG and one GR2. (don't ask why, please :/ )

KYB GR2/ExcelG Front Left Strut: Part #335016

KYB GR2/ExcelG Front Right Strut: Part #335015

KYB strut boots: Part #SB129

You will need, without a doubt, a pair of strut-mount bearings. (Everyone recommends these get replaced when updating/upgrading your suspension)

So, 1996-11/98 strut-mount bearings:

Nissan Part # (I will get you these later as I forgot to take a photo of them up close and I can't find my receipt.)

Hope this helps. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while but this is the number for the strut mount bearing for my 1998 pathfinder. I asume it fits at least 96 to 11-98 pathfinders.

IMG_1766_zps067cacf6.jpg

Oops...tried to rotate the photo but it always comes out like this. Sorry.

Edited by Bluewulf73

• 6 months later...

Hey there!

I just got some KYB GR-2 Excel G, and noticed that they're a no boot option.
Do you recommend me getting the strut boots? I don't know if they're going to make a big difference.
I'm not really going through any harsh weather anymore, and mostly just hit logging roads once in a blue moon for camping.

Largely a road vehicle, and I'm living in Kistilano now. (figured I'd mention that since you're in Richmond and would actually know where I meant haha)

Cheers