New CV shafts do not fit ?

snowboard419

Has anyone run into this before. Just got some brand new half shafts from rock auto, everything looks right and I have double and triple checked part numbers but the bolt holes don't quite line up. Everything else is identical to the old shaft. I'm thinking about just drilling out the holes a bit. Any thoughts?

They are Cardone Select brand, and the holes are very close. The lip on the half shaft mates perfectly with the mounting flange so if I drill out the holes Im not worried about having them off center when I bolt them up. Im going to call rock auto on monday and see what they say, If they will swap out for another brand I probably will go that route but if they will only do a direct swap I think i will drill out the holes.

As long as you didn't do anything too crazy to them you don't even have to call them or anything, just go on their website and fill out the return type with the reason being "didn't fit" and send them back for a refund...

Sounds like a year mix up ..5 holes vs 6 holes? Where it mounts to the front diff? Also the shaft diameter is slightly different so make sure there isn't slop there either...newer CVS(5 holes) won't go into 6 hole but will go the other way and will be detrimental...not to mention the hub spline count will be different too

Edited by unccpathfinder