88 Pathy 3 link front. 63" chevy rear

Thanks guys! I havn't had much time to work on her. I did take it down the road the other day. Steering is a little squirley, which some of that may be do the the terrible road i live on back in the sticks. I need to tune on my toe settings a little.

I seem to have some negative camber going on on the driver side front. I know i did not bend the c's when i knocked them off and im pretty sure they were square when i welded them back on. Thoughts?camber.jpg

I would say it was just a hair out of square before the welding they are pretty hard to bend them I would look around for some spindle shims or get a ball joint shim to fix it up! I have spindle shims out in the garage I think if you need one

There is axle shafts that connect to the hubs and run into gears that the drive line connects to just like the ifs and then there is a drag link that runs to a steering arm on the passenger knuckle and both knuckles are connected by the tie-rod

If it dont go chrome it!

right but how does the axle provide power while it rotates? any pics of these gears? I'm trying to visualize it ... thx and great build! now go get some knobby ass tires! lol < to the OP

Edited by enkrypt3d

Ummmm....nismo you should have explained it better C'mon man...lol

lol no worries i should have said while turning the steering wheel.... which IMO would be the weakest link... unless all you SAS guys dont need to turn the steering wheel and just haul all over anything in your way lol

Edited by enkrypt3d

I was pretty sure they were square when i welded them back on. Im sure it would be easy for one to get off square though. According to an angle finder on the hub, it is about 1 degree negative. Would an adjustable ball joint or spindle shim be better to use?

I was pretty sure they were square when i welded them back on. Im sure it would be easy for one to get off square though. According to an angle finder on the hub, it is about 1 degree negative. Would an adjustable ball joint or spindle shim be better to use?

The spindle shims a re better but if its only one degree i think i run the ball joint cuz it can kind of be adjusted.

Ummmm....nismo you should have explained it better C'mon man...lol
lol no worries i should have said while turning the steering wheel.... which IMO would be the weakest link... unless all you SAS guys dont need to turn the steering wheel and just haul all over anything in your way lol
The steering box runs the same way it used to just with a drag link bolted to it instead of the centerlink and the drag link like i said before goes from steering box to the passenger knuckle and the passenger knuckle is connected to the drivers side via the tie-rod!If it dont go chrome it!

The spindle shims a re better but if its only one degree i think i run the ball joint cuz it can kind of be adjusted. The steering box runs the same way it used to just with a drag link bolted to it instead of the centerlink and the drag link like i said before goes from steering box to the passenger knuckle and the passenger knuckle is connected to the drivers side via the tie-rod! If it dont go chrome it!

Wasn't talking about the steering linkages...... I'm wondering how the axle (if its really solid like the rear) can flex while steering w/o having CV axles.........

Its got u-joints like a drive shaft at the knuckles that allow it to turn its nothing like a rear end! Have you never looked at an old ford chevy dodge or jeep before?

Nice looking Axle...wha cha got going on there bud.!?

Its got u-joints like a drive shaft at the knuckles that allow it to turn its nothing like a rear end! Have you never looked at an old ford chevy dodge or jeep before?
That is the hp 44 minus 3 from the long side for the frontier that i am doing the swap on this weekend its loaded with 4.88s and an eaton E-locker!Nice looking Axle...wha cha got going on there bud.!?
If it dont go chrome it!

Did some more research on the camber last night. Put it on jackstands at ride height and put an angle finder on the rotors. Doesnt make alot of since now. Axle is level and both sides are pretty much dead nuts on. Here are a few pics.

camber3.jpgcamber2.jpgcamber1.jpg

The other thing i am thinking is tweaked knuckle? I crashed a truck once and it bent the outter and looked fine bolted up fine but bent it some way it drove like @&#33;*%

If it dont go chrome it!

I re torqued everything last night and set my toe to about 1/16 toe in. It looks right now. I know when i first assembled everything back together, i did not torque the preload bushing. And i probably spun it from its original position. Guess that was my problem. I still might swing by the alignment shop and get some numbers on everything.