Name that 01 Pathfinder part.... please....

WaarrEagle

My sister says this part fell off her 01 Pathfinder. She heard a noise in the rear and then says she heard this fall. The first three pics are of the part and the last two are of parts in the rear axle of the car that also have similiar features (like the nail looking thing). The nuts on the mystery piece are 12mm to give you a sense on size. I have crawled under the car but can't find anything.

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

I posted this message on another Nissan board and they said it looks like an exhaust vibration isolator. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I will get under the car and look around the exhaust if it would stop raining. Also, here is one more pic.

toppic.jpg

Yep your right on that, ford do the same thing on there high end products. This is attached to the exhast systems to stop vibration and also reduces loudness of the exhaust

It is a exhaust vibration densor or i just always called it an exhaust weight.

It doesnt hurt to have it off unless you notice a small vibration or your exhaust has become a little more "throaty"

umm not 100%, possibly up near the front of the vehicle near the Y pipe or??? couldnt tell you. Your best bet go to a dealer and look under a new one. You do realize you will have to weld it back on right? Look for broken welds some where along the exhast is my only advice

I have checked everywhere for what looks like a broken weld. My dad even has a 4x2 01 Pathfinder and I looked under it for a similiar part but couldn't find it. The 4x4 that the part came from has so much more hardware undernear the car!! Its really hard to see up front so I probably just missed it. I will get out and check again tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: An identical part has been found on my dad's new 05 Frontier Crew Cab (sweet truck by the way). I will be posting pics later to show how it is attached. It is definitely an exhaust vibration isolator. How much should someone charge to weld it back on again?

Edited by WaarrEagle