shutters when taking off.....

Whitebrick

The old path has done this a few times in the last week now. When I sit at a light or sometimes roll threw a stop sign it shakes like its missing. It never dies or stalls nor runs weird when idling. It never happens in any other gear then first and only at low rpms. between idle and 1800. there is never a check engine light when this happens or anything.

Just to clarify it could be day, night, a/c on or off....just random. with 237000 miles i hope its nothing big. its been a great truck and want to see it hit 300.

My first Pathy did this and I looked at the tune up parts first as Kingman suggested. I found that the center electrode in the distributor cap was gone and the guide for it was melted away. There was a rusty spring sticking out and the spark was arcing from that down the rotor top. I put the cap back on, drove to the local Autozone and bought a new one. The people at the parts store didn't believe me until I popped the hood, showed them, and started it for them. Yep, great trucks!

Hopefully your solution is the same...

How long have you had the MSD ignition? What condition are the plugs in?

B

Sorry to get back so late on this. Im really good with doing maintenance with everything from the oil to plugs and as well as cleaning the filter. This last new years i fixed all the oil seals on the front side main seal both cam seals. since i was there i did the water pump and new timing belt. i could have re used the belt it only had about 30K on it but it was cheep and new i would feel better knowing it was new. As well as the plugs put in new ngk but kept the old wires. I did not look that hard in the cap just got all the carbon off blew it out and put it back on. i will have to look in there again.

The msd i have had on there now for about six years now same with the coil. I have thought a few times that maybe its either going out or shorting somewhere but it hasn't made a really big deal yet but hopefully that not the case with that. that stupid thing with everything was $350 and really did not see a change with anything. start up fuel mileage nothing. just pop the hood and just looking cool.

The timing I know is good i have it set at 15 degrees. i cheeked it last month and still sitting there. Thats the last time it has done it with it shaking and what not. so fare it hasn't done it. Now if you live in Texas the weather is up and down i has some times thought it was just freaking out but will for sure be looking in to the cap deal first. Thank you for yalls help.