Where to mount my ARB compressor?

beastpath

What are the actual dimensions and mounting requirements?

You really only have 2 options under the hood, behind the battery on the passenger side and where the evap cannister and washer reservoir is (you would have to relocate them).

While having to mounted is nice, it's not necessary for just airing up. Why not put it in an ammo box or toolbox, duplicating my set up. It is actually nice to grab it when ever I need it...

001-1_zpsfbceea2a.jpg

002_zps4ec2aace.jpg

003_zps8591358b.jpg

15x9x6"

B

What are the actual dimensions and mounting requirements?

You really only have 2 options under the hood, behind the battery on the passenger side and where the evap cannister and washer reservoir is (you would have to relocate them).

While having to mounted is nice, it's not necessary for just airing up. Why not put it in an ammo box or toolbox, duplicating my set up. It is actually nice to grab it when ever I need it...

001-1_zpsfbceea2a.jpg

002_zps4ec2aace.jpg

003_zps8591358b.jpg

15x9x6"

B

Nice setup. I am leaning towards hard mount as I don't want another box rattling around in the back - eventually want to put a fridge back there.

Dimensions are 7.5" long, 3.8" wide, and 5.6" high.

I'm thinking maybe the washer bottle location would be best. Maybe I could squeeze it in next to the cruise control though?

Somebody just swapped in a smaller washer bottle to fit an extra battery over there. He is overseas I believe so I'm not sure what Nissan he got a bottle out of (240? Im mobile so searching on 4G is bleh) but it had 2 motors for front and back and was smaller. Maybe that'd work for you as well.

Good point, I read that also, just in the last week or two but I cant remember who...

Nice setup. I am leaning towards hard mount as I don't want another box rattling around in the back - eventually want to put a fridge back there.

Dimensions are 7.5" long, 3.8" wide, and 5.6" high.

I'm thinking maybe the washer bottle location would be best. Maybe I could squeeze it in next to the cruise control though?

Thanks, and I understand that as well. I use mine on multiple vehicles so the case suits me better for now.

Yes, it will fit, there is plenty of room once you move the wiring connector tree and maybe shift the fuel filter a bit. I plan to put a second battery there myself, and move the oil filter underneath on a crossmember. My filter set up there is at least 8" long, 4" wide and 8" tall so you would have plenty of room, even for a nice sub plate so you can position it exactly how you want. That would probably be easier than the other side where there is more to deal with... :shrug:

003_zps376fe43a.jpg

002_zpsaedbefb6.jpg

B

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, you would ask me that! Sure, what the hell, but its not a fab I'm proud of, much less brag about.

I made it in my garage out of pieces of scrap metal and it worked well enough that I never revisited it. On the top of the wheel well is a metal tree that a bunch of connectors are mounted to. I got rid of that, and made a sub plate that matched some existing bolt holes and would angle the filter the way I wanted it. I used a piece of U channel as a riser and the filter mounts on top of that via 3 tapped holes. Then I had to go back and make a spacer between the sub plate and the riser because it was too tall. The spacer is just a piece of 1" black delrin with a piece of rubber in between to dampen vibration IIRC. That dropped the filter enough that the hood didn't touch it. This worked out nicely because the space underneath the filter is empty. To change the filter I undo the 3 bolts just so I can tip/move it. Everything is aluminum and tapped holes so no fumbling with nuts.

007_zps8e10657f.jpg

006_zps44cc1dda.jpg

B

My neighbors xterra has the compressor, don't know what kind but it is pretty big, under the hood where the battery used to be, it has dual batteries in the rear luggage area.

1zcq2p3.jpg

Thanks B. I need to make something similar. Unfortunately I have not the skills at the moment.

Yeah, but that would require moving the battery - something I don't want to do at the moment.

I think for now I'm going to mount it where the window washer reservoir was - removed mine as it was broken.

If I can get a mount for it to go in front of the cruise control, I'll put it there - although gonna consider putting it under the front seat too. Bad thing is it requires extending the power lines - which ARB says you shouldn't do as there will be performance loss.

You are welcome.

Have you really tried to fit it in that same space yet? Reason being, if you can go off of those same two mounting holes I used (or whatever else), it should be pretty straight forward. Give me the mounting pattern/requirements of the compressor and the location of the mounting holes to the wheel well and I have no problem drilling/taping someholes for you. The mill/drill in my garage is pretty beat, but its good enough for something like this...

The problem with the fluid reservoir is running wires around the engine bay. :shrug:

B