1994 Pathfinder FSM doesn't include the security system?

MrEviLDeD

Would anyone have any links to the documentation for the import security system that was put into Pathfinders for the years 93 or 94?

I have the FSM for 1994 in the form of PDF's but it seems to completely ignore any of the power lock features or even wiring diagrams except for the lock connector in the door panel.

I have read a couple of sites that mention it was only added to vehicles imported to North America. I also believe I have information about programming the security system under the drivers seat to work with the stock Keyfob's even found some places that sell the new fobs.

I am asking because I would like key-less access and was looking into an aftermarket, remote start, key-less entry package and have been told there might be an issue with the 93's Pathfinders built in anti theft system. If I can leverage the stock/default key-less and alarm system I then need only a remote start kit with programming key-fobs. Also as I was told in another thread that I need to isolate why my power door locks aren't working. Might as well kill as many magpies with the same rock =)

I went out to the Pathfinder when it was super quiet out to do a layman's check for any sounds when the door lock switch was moved. I hear a very very very faint click in either position which sounds to be coming from behind me on the drivers side. maybe in the back driver side passenger door or further into the back. So sounds like something might be TRYING to work. Without the diagrams, location references and other information related to the security and power lock system I am unable really to continue diagnosing the problem.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

that is correct.

A bunch of stuff was dealer installed, so I can see the factory service manual falling short in a lot of areas.

That is correct.

Alarm, roof rack, fender flares, grille guard, armrest extension, fog lights and steprails were all dealer installed accessories on the WD21.

Edited by Alkorahil

that is correct.

That is correct.

Alarm, roof rack, fender flares, grille guard, armrest extension, fog lights and steprails were all dealer installed accessories on the WD21.

So none of those parts were installed by the factory?

A lot of those parts were standard on the SE. The factory did not install them?

Armrest extension?

Yes.

The extension has the armrest sit up higher and has the lid that flips to the side.

Stock from the factory has a lid that flips to the back.

So none of those parts were installed by the factory?

A lot of those parts were standard on the SE. The factory did not install them?

that is correct. They were not built at the factory with them, thus they are not in the FSM or main parts cataloge but in the accessories cataloge.

You can find one of those arm rest extensions if you look in a junkyard. I have added one and it's handy because you actually get a usable storage compartment. The only problem with that is it can kind of obstruct access to the hand brake.