Front body lift?

brandon99

Talking to yourself eh? I do that a lot too! :lol:

Anyway, as far as i know, the brakes should all be connected as one... so if your drivers side brake hose really does have a hole in it it would squirt fluid all over. even if it was isolated front to back the passenger and drivers side would be one.

Numbers on the engine? for what? mileage? no such thing... either take his word for it or don't. haha. unless there is papers for it. other wise change the timing belt and keep taking care of it and miles wont matter.... I

is the truck a 5spd or auto?

Junk yard? Can i get something rebuilt? Any other options like can i rebuild it? Also i get the point... lol, I need to do my timing belt... :) so how fun is this going to be for me? And while im at it cam seals right? What else should i have on my list as a new owner of an old truck?

what about some patience?? :laugh:

you won't regret it, these are awsome trucks!

*snort*

Ok so the KID (i know, like 19) told me the motor only has 100,000 while the truck has 277'XXX. Do you know where the numbers on the engine are? Its dark right now and with my headlight i couldn't find them. ..

No, but I haven't searched. That smells like a standard answer, so I'd get some verification on the claims if possible. Remember, you generally get what you pay for...

Oh and the rubber hose coming from the hard line to my driver side front brake has a big hole... do i only have rears right now? Is it connected to the pass side? With a safety valve keeping my rears isolated like i believe my 91 Dakota did...? Let me know when your burnt on my questions. .. IM A SPONGE RIGHT NOW. LOL

Your brake line has a hole that you know of? And you drive it and it stops? Are you just trolling?

I got a bottle jack, and im pretty crafty, so a tube bender should be pretty easy if i take my time. Maybe find plans on web...

I'd worry about the front end and timing belt long before that.

So yeah, i need to find a little car to drive around so i dont have to rush this...

And work on that as well?

I recommend slowing down and deciding what makes sense to do first.

B

Yeah i only troll when i fish... ill take a pic, i can see fluid and when i bend the rubber hose at hole i see frayed metal... so yeah thats there and my truck stops adequate (i thought lol) so how is this happening?

No, that is a blur, a caliper and an upper ball joint.

I believe you that you have a leak, that is easy to determine, I just find it hard to believe that it brakes normally or well.

Step one, replace that line and if they aren't too expensive, do the other side as well. Bleed, check the adjustment of the rear shoes (or do you have rear disk?), and see how the brakes work then.

B

There isn't the specific vin number on the Nissan engine, there is an engine code at the top of the bell housing. There is a data base of what engine code went in what vin # at the factory, but that will obviously change if an engine gets swapped.

Other than that code, the only place iirc that an a actual vin shows up on the block might be a simple peel and stick sticker that won't be there after a couple years.

-Sweet, do you know how easy this number is to find on this engine/tranny configuration w/ the engine still in by any chance?

-And no, i have drum rears.

And thankyou, i have been looking for that info for days. Id really like to know if my engine has 100,000, or 277,xxx, lol big difference. But with the work done to the rear frame i just found out about, maybe the kid was being honest.