My Pathy's evolution so far

yazir

Hello everyone.

My name's Yazir and I live in Reno. I'm a foreign student from Chile, so excuse my poor English.

I really wanted to basically say thanks to a lot of people that have provided me with advice and very useful information. I bought my 98 Pathfinder LE a couple of months ago. I had a 1992 Mercedes 190E and I loved it, but it was miserable during winter because the heater wasn't working (and it's a PITA to fix that in that car), and I also knew that I was missing the chance of being able to explore a lot of trails around here, up in Tahoe and in Eastern Nevada.

I've been able, thanks to you guys, to do a lot of DIY maintenance and some interesting mods. I've spent, like many others, hours reading about you guys's experiences and projects. You have inspired me.

This was my Pathy the day I bought her.

IMG_3506_zpsfb2ab342.jpg

She had been kept under a tree for some weeks. It was snowing during that week and it had some Kumho Solus 235/70R15 All Season tires. The owner was kind enough to give me a set of Mastercraft Glaciermaster studded tires (215/75R15). I mounted them and sold the Kumhos for $300.

During the following weeks, I did the following:

- Coolant replacement

- ATF pan drop, filter replacement and 3 drains and refills

- Inspected front & rear brakes

- Oil Change

- Seat Belt replacement (Free @ Nissan of Reno)

- Recalls: No oxidation

- Fuel filter replacement

- Transfer case ATF replacement

- Front & rear differentials oil replacement

- Plasti dip: grille and chrome parts of bumpers (hate chrome!)

- Warn Manual Hubs (increased +2 average MPG)

- Got an UltraGauge

And today, I finally got my new tires (General Grabber AT2 31x10.5R15). Mounted them in a set of black steelies purchased at Summit (we're lucky to have one of the few physical stores right here in Sparks/Reno). The wheels are 8 inches wide, 3.75 backspacing.

Right now, it's looking like this:

IMG_3696_zps5dc4285d.jpg

IMG_3695_zpsa0d46356.jpg

IMG_3700_zpsfa2b57d8.jpg

IMG_3694_zpse94dc4a6.jpg

IMG_3704_zpsddc761cd.jpg

Now I'll just have to wait to have enough cash to get the OME lift. That's the one that suits my "needs" the most.

Once again, to all of you that have helped me, thanks a lot! Hope to keep learning from you guys and enjoying the great american wilderness around here.

Yazir.

• Like 4

Yay, another Nevada Pathy. Hello from Las Vegas. Nice Pathfinder, its coming along nicely. That maroon reminds me of my '95 240SX. :'(

I'm planning to one day visit the capitol. Maybe you can show me around. :)

• Like 1

Nice! Its amazing what some plasti dip and proper wheels/tires can do for a pathy, looks great. Only thing personally I would do is get rid of the side steps for that extra lift look.. but thats just me.

Edited by erathge
  • Like 1

Maybe I'll get rid of the side steps. Or maybe I'll even get some rock sliders after I install the lift. Still thinking about it.

Thanks for the advice.

Btw, after I took those photos I got rid of the front mud flaps. Also, the front trimming job was very easy with my Dremel and now I have absolutely no rubbing. I thought I was going to after reading a post here about a tighter turning radius in the LE version, but no, nothing. I think it´s because of the wheels and their backspace. With the stock ones, I know of people having issues even with 30x9.5R15's.

Y.

Edited by yazir

Hoala Huevon

El Pathy looks muy bueno. Forgive my poor Spanish. Donde esta en Chile?

Mi espousa es Chileana. Mi casa es en Park City Utah.

I'm going down to Chile in May for 3 weeks, gonna start in Santiago visit the famalia, then take a bus to La Union and get borracho con mi amigo then maybe to the north to the Atacama desert. Of course gonna hit Vina and Valpariso.

Good luck with the Pathy and be safe.

Chao Heuvon

• Like 1

your pathy is beautiful. just. beautiful.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words!

Hoala Huevon

El Pathy looks muy bueno. Forgive my poor Spanish. Donde esta en Chile?

Mi espousa es Chileana. Mi casa es en Park City Utah.

I'm going down to Chile in May for 3 weeks, gonna start in Santiago visit the famalia, then take a bus to La Union and get borracho con mi amigo then maybe to the north to the Atacama desert. Of course gonna hit Vina and Valpariso.

Good luck with the Pathy and be safe.

Chao Heuvon

Wow man, small world. I'm actually from Osorno, down in the south, in the Lake District, 20 mins south of La Unión! haha crazy. Well, then I went to college in Santiago for 6 years before I came to the US in 2011. Man, you're going to enjoy that trip, the desert up north is really impressive and the south (Lake District, Patagonia) is one of the most beautiful areas in the world haha and of course my opinion is biased. Try visiting some lakes and volcanoes. I would recommend small towns at Lake Llanquihue, like Frutillar and Puerto Varas.

I met my wife here in Reno and we got married a month ago. After graduating I've been working here and honestly I'm kinda scared of losing contact with Chile. But, you know, with The Sierras, beautiful Lake Tahoe with its beaches and ski areas, and all the open country here in Northern Nevada, I really can't complain! :lol:

Maybe we could meet someday here. We're planning to visit Zion, Arches and maybe even Park City during the year. I mean, that's what I got the Pathy for in the first place!

Chao huevón!

Y.

• 1 year later...

Did you put spacers on???

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

zombie-mummy.gif

Just kidding

Doesn't appear to so, if my memory serves correctly, i think he did what myself and ALOT of R50 owners did, which is put new wheels, the popular choice is to go with Pro Comp wheels, the stand early R50 offset is 6" and alot of guys end up going to something with 3.75" back spacing, pushing the wheels much farther out, giving it a VERY aggressive stance.

-Kyle

Man, can't believe I missed this one, I think I was in the Deep South at the time, chasing storms. :laugh: Anyway, really clean, nice pathy the OP's got there. Excellent English too. :D

Edited by Karmann