Lift swap from 96 to 04?

HitMan

So I currently have a 96 that I put OME's 1.75" lift on, but now I am contemplating swapping it from my 96 to my 04. Is this possible to do, or are there some minor differences that will get in the way of making this possible? Any pointers of things I should be looking at specifically?

i have a 96 and 01 and the rear is different but the only thing i can find is that the rear shocks are different and they mount in different locations other than that i mounted the springs and struts from my 01 into my 96 when i upgraded my suspension in the newer one bolted in no problem at all.

Just make sure you swap the strut mounts as well. The threaded part of your 96' struts are shorter then the 04's. And the rear shocks are mounted differently. Thats why the eyelets swivel ;-)

the struts in the front are shorter? i just put the strut mount from my 96 onto my factory 01 strut and spring it seemed fine or am not thinking the right thing? i just want to make sure i didnt Fup my truck cause it seems to drive perfectly.

I didn't say the struts were shorter. The threaded part on the top of the strut rod is a bit shorter. The strut mounts from 99.5-04 have a longer collar on them so the threaded part of the strut has to be longer. Now if you swapped them over then you're golden. Just make sure you get 96-99.5 strut mounts in the future for replacements.