Driver's Seat Won't Budge - Quick Fix?

Iceman2989

I'm 6'2" and don't mind at all that my seat is stuck in the furthest back slot. My 5'4" wife has never driven my Pathfinder because she simply cannot reach the pedals with the seat stuck back so far. It wont budge at all. The handle that is pressed to move it still works, but the seat physically wont slide.

I am pretty confident that one of the reasons she resents the pathy so much and wants me to sell it is simply because she cant drive it. I want to teach her how to drive a manual, (a valuable skill for any woman) but need the seat to move to be able to do that. If you know what may be wrong, please chime in! It just may save my pathy's life! Once she learns how to drive it, I know she'll fall in love with it like I did!

Fun fact: I learned how to drive a manual on this vehicle.

i unbolted my seat and there was change in the rails like 3 pennies made my seat stop moving fishes them out and sprayed some slicone spray and working since October one of the reasons the previous owner sold it to me so cheap. Hope this helps u

• Like 3

I had the same problem with my passenger side seat. Wouldn't move. Took it out, and found 1 penny in each rail all jammed up in there. Had to use my cutters to cut up the pennies to get them out. But works 4.0 now.

ya mine wouldnt budge on either side but it was more of a mild ickyness rather than change. i used scotch brite on em with wd 40 and work like a champ. Believe soft drink spills was probably the reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my seat is stuck at the rear-most setting, I cant get the back right plastic panel off to get to the last bolt... might have to take out the center console to get to it..

Finally got it fixed! It was a friggin nickel and a penny wedged side by side in the track. Popped em loose, and voila! Seat moves freely for the first time since I bought it over 2 years ago! Tomorrow night? Teaching my wife how to drive a manual :lol: Thanks for all the help guys.

98% if the time when a customer presents a seat that will not slide, it's money in the track. Break that down further, if its. Manual seat, it's 99.9% of the time, only when it's a power seat that its maybe 20% of the time a failed motor or switch.

5+1=15? Son of a gun, I thought it was 51, I've been mislead all these years!! :laugh:

Congrats on getting it fixed. One of the few jobs that you get paid for!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: True!

I'll snag a pic of the coins and put em up later when I find my camera charger...

Edited by Iceman2989