This is another reason why I don't like Top Gear America

PrecisionX

Because these guys are fake and don't know crap. The Zach Galifinakis looking guy has the 1997 Dodge Ram in this video with a "5.7 liter Magnum V8" huh? Sorry pal that would be a 5.9L or a 5.2L.... Ugh. Worst of all no one picked up on this? Editors? Producers? Common Sense?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TddmcIsWkFw

OK, by the Zach Galifianakis guy I assume you mean the bearded one, Rutledge. He is in a Chevy in that video, and there is no mention of a 97 Dodge anywhere. Did you post the wrong link?

To be fair, if you are looking for technical info, Top Gear wouldn't be a show to watch. I watch it for the cars that show up (like the RWD Twin Turbo Supra powered Scion XB) and the ridiculous stuff they do (taking minivans up wheeling in the Rockies) and that's about it.

Also if you are that angry about misinformation, you must hate the internet! :lol:

I like it. To each their own though. The UK version will always be viewed as better (and should be....plus I bet their budget is better) but I like the US version for what it is.

• Like 1

Top Gear period is for entertainment, comparing UK to US is like apples and tomatoes though. Different budgets, different demographics, UK is in what, season 9-10? US is only on 3. The first couple seasons of UK wernt anything to brag about either until the presenters found their fitting grooves. Just being observant you can catch screw ups and bad editing on US sure, but you can still find it on UK regularry as well. All in all you have to realize your just watching scripted tv. "Reality tv" is as scripted as sitcoms and cartoons...

I like the American version. I'm glad it's not the same as the original. Why have two shows on that are exactly the same? Heck, the Australian version is different too. Oh, and a tv show that got some thing wrong? I think that happens every night on the local news

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I think a bunch of people hate Top Gear US because they associate Rutledge Wood with NASCAR (being that's his weekly gig) so he's a redneck who doesn't know anything. He actually owns some sweet cars, one being a nice VW doublecab. He traded a nice Datsun 521 done up kinda rat rod style for the double cab. He also owns a older (think early 80ish) Civic that has some nice engine mods.

http://www.therutledgewood.com/garage/

• Like 1

Nah, I hate the US top gear because they're not especially funny and they don't seem to know jack about cars. One of the few I watched was an Alaska special where they took some trucks out to beat on them and see what they were capable of. One snapped a U-joint so they just gave up on it. No trying to fix it or limp it or anything. Another just 'quit' for reasons unexplained and they never even popped the hood (or if they did, they edited it out). The British guys made cars that could cross the English channel (sort of) and limped a Lancia Beta across Botswana.

The US guys have a few funny bits but their show always seems more like an awkward bromance based loosely on cars, whereas the UK top gear is actually about the cars... and actually funny. I dunno, maybe the US top gear just needs to mature, but until it does I can't think of a good reason to watch it.

• Like 1

their show always seems more like an awkward bromance based loosely on cars

Just the fact that you know and use this phrase is disturbing.

Who the hell watches TV anyway. Loosers...

:lol:

B

• Like 1

One of the few I watched was an Alaska special where they took some trucks out to beat on them and see what they were capable of. One snapped a U-joint so they just gave up on it. No trying to fix it or limp it or anything.

It was sort of a competition though. Which truck was tougher. So if your truck broke then you were out. Besides, I doubt they had any spare u joints in the middle of Alaska.

I'm liking this season the best so far. Season 1 seemed like they were trying to be like the Original too much. Second season seem like they just wanted to destroy every car they got, I didn't like it as much. I'm liking this season. Nice mix of what real cars/built cars can do, and showing off super cars. Hopefully, it will continue to get better

that whole episode were they drove those trucks like complete asses actually made me angry... no truck will last if you abuse it like that. what a waste.

as far as which is better....even my wife likes the BBC original, and she couldn't care less about cars.

• Like 1

that whole episode were they drove those trucks like complete asses actually made me angry... no truck will last if you abuse it like that. what a waste.

as far as which is better....even my wife likes the BBC original, and she couldn't care less about cars.

I kind of think that's the purpose of some of the shows. Push vehicles past their limits to see what they can do. Waste? Sure. But how many cars nicer than those trucks do you think they've demolished over the course of movies. The latest Die Hard for example......

http://jalopnik.com/a-good-day-to-die-hard-destroyed-132-vehicles-worth-267141632?sessionId=742320e5-9245-4d5e-b818-914144f1d68d

One thing I wish the US one would do is car reviews like the UK does. Be brutally honest about poor build qualities, lack of leg room, etc. Just having them do a "challenge" every show gets old quick. Not to mention the guys they have are terrible.

• Like 1

But the US stuff is fake funny, like every little joke and jibe was scripted by some high school drop out.

I'm sure quite a bit of UKs are scripted too, but the delivery is so much less forced by them and comes across so much more genuine.

I like the american top gear as much as I like those powerblock tv shows such as xtreme4x4, which is not at all.

What? Isn't that dude Canadian? Support him!

I watched it when that blonde girl was on it. She was sorta cute.

Jessie has a different show or two now. All Girls Garage and new episodes of Overhaulin'. I enjoy the powerblock shows. Personalities I could care less about, I'm there for the info.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I always liked Shade Tree Garage or whatever it was. I saw Jessie (for the life of me I couldn't remember her name until you said it) was on a few episodes of Mythbusters when the redhead was pregnant. She seemed to fit it OK there.