Interchangeable parts with between hardbody(d21) and wd21.

Just looking to confirm some similarities.

I've got a 1991 3door and have found a 1988 d21 (hardbody) being broken for parts.

From what I've read and seen the d21 had a bit of a facelift in 92/93 involving dash/grill and fenders. Am I right in thinking the doors are unchanged and should fit a 3door?

A thread specific for part interchangeability could be a great help to many people :whip:

Here in the US the Hardbody was produced from 86 1/2 to 97. The doors will fit. Big difference is most Hardbody doors(in the states at least) dont have the the options (power windows-locks-mirrors) that Pathfinders had so if yours has that you will have to move everything over to the Hardbody door if yours has that. Just time consuming, all the bolt holes should already be there.

That is some good news. A 1988 anything with electric windows would have been a huge luxury over here, would almost be worth wiring in.

Refitting doorcards is usually the biggest ball break on this type of job.

Basically they are the same and interchangeable between all years from the b-pillar forward. The issue, as you mentioned, is a cosmetic difference. The fenders and doors didn't change until 98 but even then the ones on the Frontier will still bolt onto an 87-94 Pathfinder.

A lot of the pickups did have power controls, but not for 4 windows. Also the early power window switches were more basic, and not molded into the armrest.

• Like 1

Basically they are the same and interchangeable between all years from the b-pillar forward. The issue, as you mentioned, is a cosmetic difference. The fenders and doors didn't change until 98 but even then the ones on the Frontier will still bolt onto an 87-94 Pathfinder.

A lot of the pickups did have power controls, but not for 4 windows. Also the early power window switches were more basic, and not molded into the armrest.

Interesting...

d22wd21_zps0be3741b.jpg

It looks abit "Soft" right now because of the bumper but throw on a bullbar and I reckon it will look much better... well maybe. And It will look very unique, not that its always a good thing though.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when grimgreg mentioned about comparability, but I wanted to see what a newer d22 front end would like although I do like the older front end on it. On a lifted wd21 it would look a little like a xterra wd22.

The bull bar does help, but I see an issue with the body creases as well. In your picture, they fade in and out, in reality, they will end abruptly and look really out of place. I'll admit, I'm more partial to the squared off look they originally came with. :shrug:

B

Yeh I know what you mean, If someone wanted it to look right they would have to either carry on the wd21 body creases to the front end or fill in all the creases around the body but that would be way too much for just a front end. Yeh soft/curves = weak, straight/angles = tough.