Engine idle problem

When running with engine at idle the revs bounce and wont go below 1200 rpm. I saw something like this posted before but cant find it now. Any insight as to the cause would be much appreciated.

I have checked for codes and didn't get any, unless I did it wrong. I know that there is info on here that shows how to get the codes so I will give it a shot again.

James

Have not been able to check the sensor yet. With just getting a 93 Pathy and work having me on call from Sunday till this Saturday, I have not had much time for working on my trucks. I will be parking the 86.5 and slowly start working on getting the stuff to do a SAS on it. If I can get my 95 King Cab HB running again I may switch the block from the 2door to my HB. It has sat for about 2 yrs with a non working auto tranny and now the engine wont turn over. I hope it is just that I need a new battery and that one I tried is getting alittle weak. If it wont crank it looks like engine work in the very near future. May just get the HB running and driving and sell it for funds for the SAS and the work on my 93. Thanks for the advice concerning my ride.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Clean the MAF sensor and make sure the plug contacts are completely free of corrosion.

Agreed. The MAF can be nice and clean and the harness connector be the problem as we have seen many times.

Far be it for me to pimp parts :ph33r:...........might I also recommend:

PART NUMBER: 24079-40F00
ENGINE SUB HARNESS
$20.39 (NISSAN LIST $32.50)

Many can attest on here that this sub harness fix has cleared up this issue for them. It provides a better ground for the MAF harness which may be the cause of your issues based on the symptoms described.

Well al righty then. :aok: I will be looking into getting that part. This seems to be the only problem with the 86.5 right now that concerns the engine other than finding the damn hoses and stuff. That search was performed well before knowing about you. Again thanks and look for an internet order from the great state of GA coming your way soon.

James