Fender flare removal help

PrecisionX

I searched for a DIY on how to remove fender flares from my 2004 SE to clean it up and make sure there's no rust. Is it highly likely or unlikely that ill find anything? There's no rust anywhere else on the vehicle, never even in the strut towers.

You more than likely will need to replace the plastic tabs that hold the flares to the fender. I broke all but two removing mine. Other than that, just use a Phillips head screw driver (short handled would be best) and start unscrewing.

It's hard to get them off without breaking the plastic mounting "tabs", maybe dirtymike can tell you how he did it. I just removed mine totally & plugged the holes with door panel clips. Personally, I like the look without flares as it makes the tires seem beefier if you have pro comps, but then again mine is a beaten up old '96 not a clean 2004 :laugh:

Does anyone have a part number or pics of these clips that I'm expected to break?

You can probably ask Alkorahil in the "Genuine Nissan Parts" thread (in the Services section of the forum).

I am desperate for pictures on these "clips" and or how to go about it. I've removed all the screws and don't know where to even go to now. They are not looser, there is NOTHING defined so that it looks like a clip or whatever... I an staring at it, looking and listening and nothing and not even google has ANYthing beyond vague 10% of the job info. I just want to inspect for rust and clean the @!*%.

• Like 1

It's hard to get them off without breaking the plastic mounting "tabs", maybe dirtymike can tell you how he did it. I just removed mine totally & plugged the holes with door panel clips. Personally, I like the look without flares as it makes the tires seem beefier if you have pro comps, but then again mine is a beaten up old '96 not a clean 2004 :laugh:

Where did u get the plugs from. Debating on cutting the fender a bit or plugging them like yours.