"JWT pop charger"

iPath

When I ordered mine, they were no other options that I could find. Mine is one of their original versions, its red. The "aluminim venturi" is well made and fits great. Not sure what I did wrong, but i was never able to get the brace to fit correctly. SInce replacing the stock intake had to bend a new one anyway. It was about $50 cheaper over a decade ago as well... At the time and for what I paid for it I have been very satisfied with it. Only cleaned/oiled it once or twice in over a decade. The rubber part of the filter is starting to crack now but so far it is still solid.

I've had one of these in my garage for over a year now:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/321057882042?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Really not sure I'll ever install it, but when I bid on it on Ebay I won - so it was delivered to me for like $12.

For $12 I'm just not sure how great it could possibly be.

rick i have one sitting on my desk i was going to install it but then i saw this. and the thing about this is opening for the filter is the same as the jimwolfe even though it has a bigger filter it all funnels to same size

and then upon further inspection i found i have a K&N drop in my car. so i was like maybe one of these days ill use it.

seriously the best test have been with dry flow drop in filters oiled filters ruin mafs giving bad signal codes causing lean codes and BOOOMMM!!!!

Edited by shoesandsocks

Yeah, I dig mine also. Have read about using too much oil, potential to destroy MAF. Not sure how common that is considering how many open air oil filters are on the market now.

Hey silva, any chance you still have those running boards??

I have been running the drop-in K&N (oil) filter for over a year now with no issues. I cleaned and re-oiled it (just for practice) after 6 months and 1 dusty week-long trip through the desert and everything is working well. I actually thought I noticed a micron better throtle response and it sounds a bit meaner when I push it (like air rushing).

Any ways, it was 01 that made me think it would be a cool mod. Still may do it some day.

rick i have one sitting on my desk i was going to install it but then i saw this. and the thing about this is opening for the filter is the same as the jimwolfe even though it has a bigger filter it all funnels to same size

and then upon further inspection i found i have a K&N drop in my car. so i was like maybe one of these days ill use it.

seriously the best test have been with dry flow drop in filters oiled filters ruin mafs giving bad signal codes causing lean codes and BOOOMMM!!!!

I was going to post this too,

But in case you're still interested

http://www.sbfilters.com/Universal-Filter_1591

this is the exact same thing (im told) as what a JWT gets you.

-Kyle

Filter may be similar, you would still need the "aluminum venturi" to connect it. They claim that is where you get the largest performance gain via "venturi theory". Not an engineer, would like to see dyno's before and after etc, but I will say it is a nicely made design.

• 7 years later...
On 2/15/2013 at 10:40 AM, GRNMACHINE said:

WoW found receipt, purchased in 2001! It was $120 and $9 shipping directly from Jim Wolf.

Here is a pic of it installed with Spectre intake parts. (note the filters are now blue, originally they were red)

http://grnmachine.shutterfly.com/95

Where did you buy the Spectre pipe, I cannot find it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2013 at 10:40 AM, GRNMACHINE said:

WoW found receipt, purchased in 2001! It was $120 and $9 shipping directly from Jim Wolf.

Here is a pic of it installed with Spectre intake parts. (note the filters are now blue, originally they were red)

http://grnmachine.shutterfly.com/95

Thanks for the advice, I liked your set up the most so I made mine. Finished tonight, I'm gonna test it tomorrow. Also added a throttle body spacer 

20200331_225030.jpg