new member from texas w/ new to me 87 2door

sicnis

hello all npora! been browsing around awhile and decided to join in!

my name is dustin, im a bodyman/painter by trade at a custom shop in san antonio texas.

and i LOVE nissan d21s. fresh off clist is my 87 2door wd21! 600 bucks! i think i got pretty lucky, i plan to restore to orig.

im in the prosess of doing a new fuel tank and sender, the truck has not ran since 2002

looking fwd to learning and chatting with you guys! i know everyone loves pics.. B)

here is my daily, its a reg cab ive been wanting since i lost my first truck in highschool (avatar pic). proud member of infamousnissan.com

dsc00447z.jpg

on to the pathy!

35077656.jpg

86588093.jpg

63454385.jpg

31514140.jpg

56109204.jpgdsc00849sl.jpg

thanks for having me!

thanks for the warm welcome guys! im planning to do a poor mans resto on the pathy, keeping everything original looking

ive debated doing a dash swap only because ive got a red/maroon round dash.. but ill get the truck running/legal first

i was looking for a nissan beater so i can cut up the hardbody, but the beater is so nice i cant beat it up

It DOES exist :lol:

The round/square dash clusters are a little different (cable speedo vs electronic speedo comes to mind) but I know swaps have been done. I'd be inclined to stick with square just for the extra gauges, but maybe the dubious honor of having the only rapist red round dash known to NPORA would be worth doing the swap. :laugh:

i was looking around the forums last night and i couldnt find project build logs? i would really like to see some of the build ups around

yesterday i changed the fuel filter and had the gas tank ordered woot! old optima battery is being babied at my local alternator shop

here is my dash swapped hardbody, everything works except the speedo.. just havnt done the speed sensor yet

dscn3303ps.jpg

dscn3298s.jpg

custom pathy gate insert B)

dscn3294g.jpg

"rapist red pearl"

"AH3" red is the one that usually has rapist red interior :lol:

"Members rides" at the bottom of the forum selection screen is where the builds are. You may have to change your "search settings" to a longer time frame to get some good results though as it may have been a wHile since some people updated theirs.

• Like 1

i think it would be great in a 2door pathy, but the square dash still has sweet gauges, its vents and factory radio.

stock red interior, 94+

5i75l85g53i93f53mec3pe6.jpg

Dear Gods, it's even uglier than I thought! :lol:

I know unccpathfinder (something like that' I'll verify) did a dash swap and wrote up on it, so he is at least 1 source of good info. I just buy the vehicle with the right dash already mounted... :D

B

good idea on the tail gate. and the red is awesome. i searched for ever till i finally found a maroon on maroon or "rapist red"pathy. also cuz all of my salvaged parts from my wrecked 87 hb were that color.

• Like 1

good idea on the tail gate. and the red is awesome. i searched for ever till i finally found a maroon on maroon or "rapist red"pathy. also cuz all of my salvaged parts from my wrecked 87 hb were that color.

You had to search for one???

I used to see 1 a month at my local pick-a-part.

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

not out here. all the ones at pull-a-part were picked clean! and no red. and i mean one for sale. i picked mine up for 1000 bucks. i also searched for over a year untill i finally found tweeter a-pillars for my hb. didnt get to put them in last year cuz it got wrecked. but i still have them for my pathy now.

through my rapist red collecting, ive only seen two or three red interior pathys (square dash) and quite a few red interior trucks

ordering a fuel tank this weekend! cheapest ive found was jegs or summit for 140ish shipped for a dorman tank

im a square dash guy and red interior guy.

Your love of rapist red hereby banishes you from our forum!

On a serious note, statistics in my local junkyards tell me rapist red are hated so much that the owner intentionally crashes for insurance purposes, or cannot keep his eyes on the road from all the evil red surrounding him and wrecks.

• Like 1

You'll have to ban Nunya as well. Good luck with that... :D

California. We have all the red interiors you'd ever want. Except the round dashes. But I rarely get a round dash of any color in the local yards. Probably because I own a round dash.

Duh! I had to drive 90 miles to get an Xterra roof rack. Why? Because I wanted one. If I hadn't, I would have been tripping over them piled on my front lawn...

B

Your love of rapist red hereby banishes you from our forum!

On a serious note, statistics in my local junkyards tell me rapist red are hated so much that the owner intentionally crashes for insurance purposes, or cannot keep his eyes on the road from all the evil red surrounding him and wrecks.

hahah. all honesty i hate RED. but i like the maroon.