Horse power upgrades for the 3.3

DsR50

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DsR50" data-cid="654341" data-time="1360639485"><p>

lol V8 would tear the frame i feel like, and yea it is alot of work for 40hp so maybe do it when the motor is toast. tossing a cam in there is going to suck gas worse then it already does</p></blockquote>

Hahaha now your realizing the endless cycle every motor head realizes. Power over fuel economy, ask yourself this. With the supercharger, do you think you are more likely or less likely to be flooring it all the time? I know when we did the exhaust on my fiends Durango. He went from 13 to 11 average because he wanted to hear that engine roar. The same would be true of that supercharger, hearing that thing whine would be awesome!

1 thing that hasn't been talked about yet on here is breathability for your engine. I've heard opening up the exhaust really helps to get some more power. Plus on the right setup a VG sounds mean with an exhaust. Exploring header options as well will definitely get some higher numbers on the butt dyno, there's a company called hurricane headers in Australia that makes headers for the upside down version of out cars. If your willing to have them imported and seeing if they fit, you have a really good chance of opening a significant amount of power. The only concern is the difference between their right and left hand drive. So if your willing to take the risk please report back.

-kyle

Edit:looks like quoting on the phone isn't all that great. Awesome, sorry for the mess.

Edited by ferrariowner123

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DsR50" data-cid="654341" data-time="1360639485"><p>

lol V8 would tear the frame i feel like, and yea it is alot of work for 40hp so maybe do it when the motor is toast. tossing a cam in there is going to suck gas worse then it already does</p></blockquote>

Hahaha now your realizing the endless cycle every motor head realizes. Power over fuel economy, ask yourself this. With the supercharger, do you think you are more likely or less likely to be flooring it all the time? I know when we did the exhaust on my fiends Durango. He went from 13 to 11 average because he wanted to hear that engine roar. The same would be true of that supercharger, hearing that thing whine would be awesome!

1 thing that hasn't been talked about yet on here is breathability for your engine. I've heard opening up the exhaust really helps to get some more power. Plus on the right setup a VG sounds mean with an exhaust. Exploring header options as well will definitely get some higher numbers on the butt dyno, there's a company called hurricane headers in Australia that makes headers for the upside down version of out cars. If your willing to have them imported and seeing if they fit, you have a really good chance of opening a significant amount of power. The only concern is the difference between their right and left hand drive. So if your willing to take the risk please report back.

-kyle

Edit:looks like quoting on the phone isn't all that great. Awesome, sorry for the mess.

For sure

Would love to add supercharger, but for the money, isnt justifiable to me. Have accepted the fact that this engine is solid, but MPG and power is not on its list of positives... Only did exhaust as mine cracked, it did help, and does sound good. JWT Pop Charger was done as I was trying to find Anything to add some acceleration, merging on freeway was not fun at times.

Re: mods, It does cause less MPG as stated above in the fact I like to hear the exhaust now. Drove a VQ Pathfinder when they came out, I was impressed when comparing it to the VG.

If money isnt an issue, supercharger sounds like a nice addition. Especially considering you can get OEM.

Would love to add supercharger, but for the money, isnt justifiable to me. Have accepted the fact that this engine is solid, but MPG and power is not on its list of positives... Only did exhaust as mine cracked, it did help, and does sound good. JWT Pop Charger was done as I was trying to find Anything to add some acceleration, merging on freeway was not fun at times.

Re: mods, It does cause less MPG as stated above in the fact I like to hear the exhaust now. Drove a VQ Pathfinder when they came out, I was impressed when comparing it to the VG.

If money isnt an issue, supercharger sounds like a nice addition. Especially considering you can get OEM.

is everything direct fit tho? as far as bolt up or do i need all new drivetrain?

Plus according to Mr. 510's VG34 build thread, the VG33ER (VG33 built for supercharging) came with smooth-face ceramic-coated valves, while the standard valves have no coating and a stamped logo. I dunno if these are really necessary to run a supercharger but still, probably better to go for the whole package... and sell your stock VG33 to somebody with a WD21!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Towncivilian" data-cid="655663" data-time="1361548925"><p>

Throttle body spacers do nothing.</p></blockquote>

Nothing power wise. They do make an absolute annoying racket, that's about all they are good for.

He can order European spec parts into the states?

Wait what? He can't?

I've got euro cams in my 3.3 and I also bumped the compression ratio a full point.

It feels good!

Where'd you get the cams?

The are a nissan part, talk to your dealer or better yet PM Alko on here and he can get you a good price.

So where did I get them?

Yes they sell in USA, the are considered a performance upgrade and were marketed by NisMo for some time!

And Last I heard, Nissan is actually trying to liquidate these so prices might be really low!

The increase in power feels like it comes in at about 3k and up but with no loss in low end power. For a more snappy throttle response; Might I recommend advancing your timing curve by 3-5 degrees when you install these cams.

• 2 weeks later...