What do you do for work.?

stalker

I drive tow trucks for a living been doin it for 12 years i've driven everything from small wreckers to the big boy rig haulers.

I went to tech school to become a machinist but complications and boredom got the better off me and i got out of it. Also i have been a union carpenter(mainly in framing), a small engine mechanic, a landscaper, a factory worker, a laboror, dabbled in concrete, gas station attendant, oh and a body jewelry maker (that was an interesting job lol).

nothing seems to hold a candle to being out on the road pulling stupid people out of ditches, towing drunk asses cars to impound(i'm completely against driving while any bit intoxicated), and telling some dumb ass mercedes owner more about his own car than he would ever know.

My first job was at13 as kennel boy at the veterinarian where my mother worked, working after school and weekends.

18 years mostly with ford dealerships, 17 years at Datsun/Nissan dealerships.

Retired now and just working parttime at the RV park I live in, working security in fact I'm at the front gate now until midnite :D

Student....full time. 2 months left of my first year of electronics tech school. then off to second year to specialize in automation and industrial instrumentation and get my diploma of technology. then off for the big bucks :D

First ever job was working in the carpet industry. Here in N GA we are considered the Carpet Capitol of the World. I would say that some of you probably have carpet in your house that I worked on. Go figure. Then was a student, Gulf War started, joined the Navy and was there for 15yrs. Went to UTI for auto tech and specialized in Fords. Ford Tech until VA disability hearing said not anymore. Now work as a Home Medical Equipment Technician. I really like my job as I get to travel around to places I've never been before, even in my own home town.

James

• 3 weeks later...

First actual job was at the city library shelving books. Something yo pay for insurance and fuel while in high school. Then I worked as a ramp agent for an airline ground support contractor loading plains. I wanted to to go back to school and do what I enjoyed which was computer stuff. Got a job selling digital cameras and PCs at Circuit City then a month later joined Best Buy's Geek Squad. I went to school and got my AAS in Computer Networking then my BS in Information Security. Currently I work for the US Government looking for bombs because jobs are so hard to find without certifications, which are expensive. Degrees mean nothing in any technical field.

Self employed for the most part. The only three employed jobs I've had were Les Schwab, Terry's Auto as a mechanic, and NAPA. I've been doing side mechanic jobs for years now and have built up a pretty good base so I keep fairly busy doing that. I've flipped a few rigs as well when I needed to get ahead and I'm looking for another at the moment. Now I'm waiting for the weather in the mid-West to clear up so the oversized loads start moving again. That's my next gig is piloting oversized loads but it's slow at the moment because of the elections (no windmill contracts) and the weather is stopping what isn't windmill.

I'd love to work in a nice shop making a good wage and doing quality work for people, but without certifications up the wazoo to prove any experience no one's interested. :shrug:

Thought I replied to this thread (at least one of them...)

Family owned auto repair shop/towing employee since I could figure out righty-tighty/lefty-loosy (usually), and driving the wreckers since I could reach the pedals. My flatbed I consider my "office" holds many of my "firsts" memories.

Heavy haulage truck driver, we transport lots of different stuff from earth moving machinery,cranes,general freight ,building materials, prefabricated steel structures, transportable buildings/houses,lots of oversize stuff as well as mobile crane (de)mobilisation aka counterweight transport.

Stacks of different destinations from local to interstate but predominantly the north west of Western Australia to the mines.

Previous jobs have been varied worked in abattoirs, market garden,tree lopper/landscaper,steel fabrication/roof plumbing, aluminium window factory hand glazier, panel beater, tow trucks, bob cat operator, furniture removalist and probably forgotten a few.

I am a technician at a small engine repair shop, I have been working there for around 5 years now. We work on all sorts of things, I handle mostly the larger commercial grounds maintenance equipment.

Pretty similar to Cwolf except I am in the service division of a similar type of company so we service the company vehicles, equipment and cranes.

I work in marketing & design for a company that manufactures seats for the fast ferry industry, if you ever travel via ferry in the US, there is a fair chance your sitting on our seats.

First job was a pin monkey for AMF, crappy work, but I enjoyed it. Also got 3 free games every day, so my bowling improved quite a bit over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently a stripper. Well, by that I mean I work part time in a furniture restoration shop. Currently working on a roll top desk, with the newest copyright being issued in 1887. I also work for a lady who owns a xeric landscaping business.

First job was as a shop bitch at 14 years old. Cleaned cars, changed oil, and ran errands.

The past decade I was working for HP testing their laser printers and associated software. Gods am I glad that is over!

Currently I'm in school learning to weld.

I'm jelly, I wish I was a shop bitch.

I apply for entry level shop bitch openings and I don't get phone calls. And I can do more then most certified techs.

Good luck with the Welding, CJ the Stripper.

Just wondering if your simply looking at being a pipeliner or a factory worker.