What do you do for work.?

stalker

Just wondering what everyone does for work...?

I work at a trucking company as a freight broker...set behind a computer and be lazy...lol

been doing this for 6 years now.

Edited by stalker

~17 Years Design and Service of generators used in Power Generation.

Two amazing facts that I learned when I started this career:

1) Generators are better than 98% efficient. No BS.

2) Larger generators are often cooled with hydrogen gas. Hydrogen gas is not explosive at greater than ~97% purity and cools better than helium.

• Like 1

Human Resources for an industrial maintenance and construction company based on the Gulf Coast. Primarily recruiting and staffing, but I do investigations and complaint resolution for the Southeast Texas region as well. Been with the same company 7 years.

I cut iron! Machinist currently in the oil field. I run a mazak 650 Integrex machining center at least 60 hours a week and sometimes Saturday too.

B, you need to move down here to Louisiana! Machinist are in high demand in the oil patch. Also we have plenty mud to finally get that pathfinder of yours dirty!

James

If you have ever been inside Costco Wholesale, and walked past the cell phone kiosk, i am one of those guys who stands around,really hoping you'll buy a cell phone. Have been there since December 2011. The company is called Wireless Advocates

However, i am trying to work for Costco itself, rather than a vendor inside. My mom has worked at Costco Corporate (right next to the warehouse i work in, in Issaquah WA) for close to 22 years now. So im going to try and get in on the large ladder you can climb within the company.

-Kyle

Nissan Parts Pimp!

I work at a large Nissan dealership

I started working on cars with my dad waaaay back and have always loved it and had a knack for it for some wierd reason, though we disagreed for years on Japan vehicles vs GM/American made. I guess you can say that I 'understand' cars and how they are put together and how the parts relate to each other. I thnk its from playing with too many Legos as a kid. I still like to tear apart a broken part just to see how it was put together and whats inside to undertand it better.

I also have a friend with a Pathfinder that will tell you I am a 'Pathfinder Wisperer' LOL.

I started working at Western Auto in Austin back in the early 90's when I was going to college and just sorta stayted in the business after graduating.....I have a BA in History but I am good at this, its wierd I know...

BUT.........

The past two weeks my job has apparently been to sit at my desk and listen to a Tim go on and on and on and on and on all day about the 49ers and the superbowl.......

.....I have a BA in History but I am good at this, its wierd I know...

Me too! I chose History thinking I would go to grad school, either seminary or law. I ended up in Human Resources, and I'm good at it and enjoy it. Go figure. The only thing it's really helped me with is writing, since I had to do so much for my class load. You would be amazed (or maybe not) at how people send emails as business communication with misspellings, poor grammar, and missing basics, such as capitalization and punctuation. It's atrocious.

Here is another question..What was your first job ever..?

Besides walking a lawn mower around house to house asking to mow their lawns for cash...I worked at a local Pizza place after school...stuck it out for 3 years. :headwall:

Currently, I work construction doing soil nails, micropiles rock bolts, etc. I am also finishing my Senior year for my Mech. Eng degree

First job was a paper boy when I was about 11/12 after school. Then they went stupid and made the paper due at 6am instead of 3pm so I had to quit. Was fun and made good money as a little guy

Edited by SilverPath

Currently, I turn wrenches at a Toyota/Ford dealer. Until last April, I was a master Infiniti/Nissan tech. Got tired of driving over a hour to work, each way. Now it only takes 15 minutes to get there.

First job I was a detailed at a used rv dealer. Amazing what people would bring in to sell, and not clean it. Yuck.