Help Identify Xterra Upper Control Arms (UCA)

ahardb0dy

My neighbor desperately needs new upper control arm bushings on his 2000 xterra, we thought the arms might have been from Calmini since it has the full expensive Calmini steering system but the arms are tubular not the flat plate like the arms on the Calmini site. Also the arms appear to be a powdercoat grey color.

Does anyone know if Calmini used to make tubular UCA's?

Does anyone know who may have made the UCA's in grey?

The arms do not look like the 4x4 parts arms, his arms have braces/metal welded on top of the tube where the tube is welded to where the bushings go.

If anyone can help, appreciate it,

Thanks

Should have re-phrased my heading but forum won't let me edit, I'm trying to determine the manufacturer of the UCA's on my neighbors Xterra, they are tubular, grey and have a gusset on top of the tube where it is welded to where the bushings go.

Need replacement bushings, no idea yet who made these arms,

thanks

No the one's my neighbor has use normal ball joints and the gusset near the bushing sits flat on top of the tube, thanks

Will get a pic or two later when I get home from work

almost forgot, the bushings are greasable as they have grease fittings

Edited by ahardb0dy

Here are the pics I just took, not the cleanest under there, and yes I see the upper shock bushings is shot. The original owner has a web site showing some of his mods but nothing on the suspension, I found his user name all over the 4x4 parts forums, so I called them today and spoke to someone and explained what was going on, she told me to send pictures to them to try to identify also, which I will do in a moment. I think they (4x4 parts) know the previous owner but really didn't want to admit anything, I told them I wasn't a bill collector or anything just trying to help my neighbor,

pics below:

2aiotpg.jpg

bdv4w3.jpg

157krvn.jpg

b890ud.jpg

1zgevk9.jpg

2lasak1.jpg

Thanks

4x4parts e-mailed back, (Jane) and says they look like the now defunct SLR (never heard of them), the gusset on top doesn't look like the one on the arm that Simon posted, but maybe the gusset was different on different vehicles, I don't know. Need to measure the OD of the bushings now.

SLR went right over my head, didn't realize it was Spencer Low Racing !!!

I didn't know the xterra uses a different UCA (and lower control arm) than the Pathfinder, where the UCA doesn't use the cross spindle as the PF does, and the lower doesn't use a compression road setup. Honestly the top mounts where the control arm bolts into look a little thin to me.

Simon your xterra looks a little like my neighbors:

259xs08.jpg

25h1h1i.jpg

here is a link to the original owners build page, no mention of the suspension:

http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/w/a/warmongr/mods/

It's funny, once you get to a certain level of build (basically, all bolt on stuff, no SAS or anything REALLY cool) they all start to look the same. There's a bunch in my club that are all built very similar.

I'm assuming the bushings have a sleeve in them? 4x4parts told me the bushings do not come with the sleeve, I hope that my neighbors isn't tore up. may be difficult to find one that is the proper size.

This xterra has front and rear ARB lockers, too bad he can't get the compressor to work.

I'll help him when he asks me, but he has a habit of working on his truck/cars in the dark, and I don't do night time mechanics unless I have too.