Sold my pathfinder today, and it went to the crusher.

92Path_68CJ

Some of you may remember my thread last year, where I announced I was selling my Pathfinder. (http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33994-end-of-the-line-for-my-92-path/)

I filled out the paperwork and the bowl rolling. It was accepted and I took it in today after removing some parts.

It didn't go quietly, on the way, the leaky radiator gave out and the car overheated pretty good. I let it cool for an hour, refilled the radiator, and limped it to the yard.

As I handed over the keys, I asked them when it was going out on the lot, so I could let you guys know about a nice pathy in the yard.

She told me it was being crushed today.

My heart sank. I could have taken more parts, I could have traded out the lego wheels for something else and passed them on.....

The last time I ever saw it. They wrote CRUSH on the windshield.

cimg4578y.jpg

:headwall::(

I don't see how they could send something with that clean of a body to the crusher. :( I've seen pathy's that have been tboned, head on, rear ended. etc. in the yards with very few straight panels at all... not to mention the horrible interiors most of them have. :(

I don't see how they could send something with that clean of a body to the crusher. :( I've seen pathy's that have been tboned, head on, rear ended. etc. in the yards with very few straight panels at all... not to mention the horrible interiors most of them have. :(

I know! It really, really hurt. The rear frame area and rear floor was nearly rotting out, but as you can see, everything else was really nice (aside from trans, rad, and powersteering.)

The way the program is written, if it doesn't pass smog, they have to crush it, so that the "bad parts" don't get recirculated.

I told the woman I really wished I had known, there was so many other things I could have saved, the wheels for one.

• Like 1

The last time I ever saw it. They wrote CRUSH on the windshield.

:headwall::(

Yeah, that stings, especially when you consider it's track record and the remaining usable parts. It seems like a waste. I understand what they (Ca) were trying to do but that just the typical, poorly thought out overkill these days.

They'd literally crush an entire truck due to a bad O2 sensor. That's plain dumb. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is the mantra. Reuse is before Recycle!! P...

I'm far greener with my Recycled 1995 WD21 (that passes all smog) then someone buying a 2013 Toyota FJ; maybe on par with a new Prius owner. This vehicle was already built, it just needed some upgrades to be viable. Even with the relatively poor mileage of the WD21, the energy requirement/polution from new car production is significant enough to overshadow it.

Sorry, pet peeve rant. I hate people that are 'saving the planet' 1 mpg at a time.

B

• Like 2

Yeah, that stings, especially when you consider it's track record and the remaining usable parts. It seems like a waste. I understand what they (Ca) were trying to do but that just the typical, poorly thought out overkill these days.

They'd literally crush an entire truck due to a bad O2 sensor. That's plain dumb. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is the mantra. Reuse is before Recycle!! P...

I'm far greener with my Recycled 1995 WD21 (that passes all smog) then someone buying a 2013 Toyota FJ; maybe on par with a new Prius owner. This vehicle was already built, it just needed some upgrades to be viable. Even with the relatively poor mileage of the WD21, the energy requirement/polution from new car production is significant enough to overshadow it.

Sorry, pet peeve rant. I hate people that are 'saving the planet' 1 mpg at a time.

B

No need to apologize, I had this talk about the poorly thought rules today.

eusa_eh.gif Really? That looked pretty straight. I guess we do get away with "murder" in the southeast (no inspections).

The body was extremely straight, other than the hood, which was a bit bent up from a fender bender (picture is deceiving.), dented front bumper and squished fender.

Needed all new interior as well.

But even then, I've literally been around that car all my life, today was kinda hard.

In the end though, it is just an object. I will have a WD21 again, but I do not know how long it will be.

I guess I'll still stick around this forum, but I might not post much anymore, after all, I only own a Jeep now, and it seems to kinda be a "four letter word" around these parts... :hide:

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

I've been looking for a set of Legos!

For the guys fussing about crushing a straight body pathfinder, y'all should see some of the pathfinders that go through our pick a part. I rarely see one with rust on the body or the frame. My 87 has more rust than most of the one I see go to the crusher. Can't save them all! I just grab any parts I think I can use now or in the future and store them up. wife is real happy about that!

James

I guess I'll still stick around this forum, but I might not post much anymore, after all, I only own a Jeep now, and it seems to kinda be a "four letter word" around these parts... :hide:

You can post all the pictures of Nissans pulling your jeep out that you want. :D

Even if you don't own one, you know about them so post away. ;)

Well, that was kind of gay. eusa_think.gif

Yup! :rofl:

B

You can post all the pictures of Nissans pulling your jeep out that you want. :D

Even if you don't own one, you know about them so post away. ;)

Yup! :rofl:

B

16403350129604330311647.jpg

16843650129598830357722.jpg

Like this? :sssh:

(just messing with ya guys!)