Tires and front suspension?

Bubbley11

I recently got a 1990 4x4 pathy. I want to get 31" tires atm but wonder if I turn up the t-bars, will i be able to fit them and if i can how rubbing. I don't really want any but if its a little rubbing its fine. Also for the front suspension on offroad websites they have front lifts with coils??? :( I looked under my car and i didnt see any leafs or springs, only UCA's and the t-bars are what I could pick out, since im fairly new and don't know most parts.

When I bought my 94 the T-bars had to be cranked to level back out. They where sagging bad. After that I put a set of 31x10.5 Mud-T's and had no issue with rubbing at full flex with my rear sway bar disconnected. You should be fine.

Turn up the T-bars to make the front .5-1" lower than the rear, measured at the body crease. Sneak up on it, drive it in between to let it settle and when you have it evenly set, have it aligned.

31" tires should fit fine.

B

Sorry, no, I meant get it to where it is close to where you want it and see if it settles any, then fine tune them to the final height/level you want. Do Not jack the front end up, or it will take a few days for the T-bars to settle again. Also, it is a good idea to oil the adjustment bolt threads to reduce the chance of galling.

B

Thank you very much, for your guy's help. I have many more questions but they will have to wait. Ill try to keep about .5-1" away from the bumpstop. One last thing, How fast will it progress the wear one the UCA's?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! sorry for borrowing this thread!

I have installed new rear coils on my 94 pathfinder, and upper a-frames in the front, from 4x4parts.com.

That should get me 3" of lift

It said in the instructions to leave .5" between the bumpstops and the a-frame.

But that only gives 2" of lift.

It looks a bit weird now when the rear is lifted 3" and the front 2".

Can i crank the T-bars more or will it damage the front axle?

You won't damage anything, but it will make the ride very rough as you lose a lot of your down travel. The springs will settle a little bit. You can get low profile bumpstops for more travel if you want to crank it higher.

• Like 1