Transfer Shifter Removal.

Inyourface1650

Alright guys,

I attempted to get a transfer shifter out of JY pathy ( just to test how hard it is) and ran into a snag.

Removed Center console - Good

Removed Rubber Boot - Good

Removed Shift Gate bolts (2) - Good

Removed Pivot bolts (2) - Good

Remove splined attachment to the T-case. ARGH!.

I removed the 10mm nut, lock washer and regular washer that looked like it was clamping the shifter onto the T-case splined shaft - but could not budge the thing. Is there something I am missing? Or do I just need to PBblaster the hell out of the thing this week before I try and take it apart?

• 2 weeks later...

^ and this is me not looking at the diagram closely enough. If you open the FSM, and ZOOOOM. you realize that it shows you to remove the bottom rubber boot, and then remove the 12mm bolt that holds the hiem joint to the splined bit. Basically you leave the splined bit there, and just unbolt Heim.

I got it off pretty easily, but our 120V welder was too small to weld an extension in, we kept breaking the welds. - pulled 2 shifters from the JY - I can do it in about 5 minutes now - 3 bolts.

Unscrew shift knob. Slid under truck, remove bottom rubber boot, unbolt 12mm bolt on heim, unbolt 2 12MM bolts holding the shifter on its pivot. Pry shifter off.

Easy!

Mike