cup holder ideas

rollingrock

Here is my totally awesome cup holder / console mod that works perfectly and I give a 1000% functionality / livability rating for it. Results guaranteed! It's this: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/HOP9/EMICBEI/N0319.oap?ck=Search_consoles_-1_-1&keyword=consoles I found at O'reilly auto parts and it cost around 7 or 8 bucks.

It's a nice tight fit between the two front seats and sits directly over the E-brake and kinda covers up my toggle switches but that doesn't bother me any.

IMG_20130216_103611_zps5b97e602.jpg

I had to make a couple of cuts on it to make it work comfortably. You'll see in the pics wear I cut a section off the back, I did this to allow for clearance so it would fit down over the "toggle switch housing" Then I made two long cuts about 2.5" apart on both sides of the console to make it more pliable.

IMG_20130216_103347_zps4330375d.jpg

IMG_20130216_103426_zps1f40e96a.jpg

IMG_20130216_103417_zps99c537b1.jpg

Before making any of these cuts, when I would wedge it between the seats I found that the pressure of the corners of the console pushing through the cushion of my seat to be painful and annoying. Once I cut the back plastic piece off, and made the two cuts on both sides, it allowed it to slide further back so that the broad wide portion of the console is next to my thigh instead of the corner. So that combinded with the "flexi / pliable" cuts, no more pain and I can drive in comfort and completely forget I've got a mini console putting pressure against my seat. It's totally stable, it gives me a place to throw my junk and the cup holders are adjustable. It's great!

Edited by RedPath88
Embedded Pictures

hehe...ahem "Here, Honey can you hold this for a minute please?" "hold WHAT?!? WE'RE EFFING OUT OF CONTROL AND ABOUT TO CRASH NUMNUTS!" "Well, yes I know and it's just that I just got this 44 ounce big gulp and I don't want to spill it but I must move it so that I may engage the parking brake, which is located under the cup holder, you see."

" {garbled incoherent cursing scream}"

Once upon a time my local Nissan dealer actually had a cupholder that would slide into where the ashtray is. I bought one for my Hardbody (I knew the parts guy really well so he gave it to me for like 5 bucks) but it was a complete failure of a design. It just wasnt stable at all, no matter what size cup/drink you put in it.

This piece of crap?

photobucket-22009-1361560964426_zpseb33a

• Like 1

I have this one ^^^^ and I've been using it for about two months. It does suck, but it holds my cell phone perfectly. It actually work better than a lot of those slide out in-dash cup holders, but it blocks the stereo.

I haven't used it after feeling how flimsy it is. I can see drinks easily flying out, spilling on the heater/stereo/shifter, and getting super hot from the heater.

Same thing Toyota did in their 3rd gen trucks, being in front of the vents and all.

Once upon a time my local Nissan dealer actually had a cupholder that would slide into where the ashtray is. I bought one for my Hardbody (I knew the parts guy really well so he gave it to me for like 5 bucks) but it was a complete failure of a design. It just wasnt stable at all, no matter what size cup/drink you put in it.

This piece of crap?

Haha, that's the one! I wouldn't trust a Capri sun or a juice box on that thing

• 9 months later...

I wonder if this console would fit better in the WD21 than the R50 or Jeep one, just found this in a hardbody brochure,

2dik6k1.jpg

Did anyone ever try to swap the hardbody ebrake to the pathfinder? I remember a thread on it but couldn't find it. :scratchhead: