A good place to get headers installed?

BikerJared

I got my Doug Thorleys a few weeks ago. I went to install them and it looks like somebody has welded parts of my current exhaust together.

Between that and having an exhaust stud sheer off, I've decided to take it in to have someone else do the work. Anybody know of any good shops in Utah County that do this sort of thing?

Thanks,

Jared

You should be able to do it yourself. It's really not that bad. Just remove the front tires out of the way and start cutting the old exhaust up. If you still don't want to, Google Maps is probably your best bet for finding a local shop though other than checking with the yellow pages.

Thanks for the responses. I have a shop I usually go to. I wanted to ping people around here and see if they had any favorite spots. I have yet to find a mechanic I really like and trust.

I don't have the tools to cut the old exhaust out (or a garage). I own a townhome and am unfortunately stuck here as a result of the economy. :/

I was hoping it would be like my other two cars where you just unbolt the old one and bolt up the new one, but it looks like somebody got impatient with some studs and welded them to the flange that my headers are supposed to bolt up to. It'll take me more time than I prefer to spend outdoors this time of year under my car. I need to get it done though so that I can pass emissions here (the current headers are cracked and leaking exhaust).