ABS Sensor Repair

96Pathfinder4x4

Has anyone tried it?

During my lift, I stressed the sensor wire a bit too much when the block supporting the LCA fell.

Result:

abs_sensor_repair1.jpg

Using a dremel tool I removed the stock potting compound, stripped back the sheathing, prepped the wires and the terminals, and soldered them.

abs_sensor_repair2.jpg

I'm not certain that it's not polarized, since I couldn't find any information. If it doesn't work, I will try swapping the wires. If it does work, I'll get some potting compound and seal it up nicely.

• Like 1

Still awaiting help to bleed the brakes. ABS light is still on, but the brakes go almost to the floor, so I'm still hopeful.

After referencing the manual, I didn't know that I had a Load Sensing Valve that needs bled...and that for ABS, I have to disconnect the battery. Will hopefully have an update this weekend. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the late reply.

ABS light is still on. I have yet to swap the wires to see if they are directional. I've had other projects take my attention away from my Pathy.

I'm planning on getting back to it this weekend or next week.

• 5 months later...

Swapped the wires and will test it soon.

After the last trip, I think it was overdue.

For the record...this is backward.

20140122_152009_zps8a9ce597-1.jpg

I swapped it. Taped it up and will put on some liquid electrical tape. If it works, golden. If not I'll be heading to the junkyard in hopes of saving $200.

Put it in and ABS light is still on. Brakes feel better.

Will the ABS light reset automatically, or do I need to pull the battery cable to see if the repair was successful?

Hooked up backwards, I might have damaged something or blew a fuse?