Finally thinking about getting a lift..

iPath

ok buddy im very glad you chose the wheels and tires its the better choice. It will make a huge difference with how your rig looks and how it rides on road and off road. one thing that I have learned though is as far as rubbing and trimming will go it will vary for everyone. Your not gonna know how bad it will be until you get them on. like on mine everyone told me I was gonna have to do some trimming to fit my 31's but mine barely even rubbed. Only when I was at full lock was when then even touched anything and it was just the plastic part of the fender.

this is what mine looked like when I first got my tires hankook dynapro all terrains 31x10.5 on daytona 51s 15 inch rims all from les schwab

Photo059.jpg

Photo060.jpg

They worked great to I was keeping up with my buddies and their lifted grand cherokees whenever we went out

IMAG0210.jpg

And when time came and I was able to purchase my 2 inch ac lift it just added to the capability of the ring and all my rubbing went away

IMAG0306.jpg

Got the wheels in the mail today, I ordered chrome center caps but after seeing them in person I'm not sure if i want to put those on or not :/

Oh and walmart's estimated delivery on the tires is between november 7th and 14th.. holy slow shipping!

Got the wheels in the mail today, I ordered chrome center caps but after seeing them in person I'm not sure if i want to put those on or not :/

Oh and walmart's estimated delivery on the tires is between november 7th and 14th.. holy slow shipping!

They'll probably show up sooner than that. My buddy had his show up a week and a half before the estimate.

Under promise, over deliver! It will put you in a better mood if they mess things up, lol

-Kyle

Walmart wouldn't mount the tires! Since they aren't the "suggested" tire size. I had a local shop do it, although I had to wait 2 hours since I didn't have an appointment.

I need to get a pic with a wash and when the suns out, much less purple-y.

LBpZx.png

I like it, completely different appearance. The only rubbing is at full crank reverse, and even then not a problem.

Edited by iPath
  • Like 1

Really? My buddy has an 93 XE and they aren't the recommended size, they just made him sign a waiver saying he wouldn't sue if his vehicle caught fire and burned the town down. Even though he drove in with 31's.

The only money I had paid so far was the price of the tires themselves luckily.

I think the rubbing in reverse might be from the mudflaps. I'll have to check in daylight, I'll probably correct that seeing as it will get annoying backing our of parking spots every time.

The only money I had paid so far was the price of the tires themselves luckily.

I think the rubbing in reverse might be from the mudflaps. I'll have to check in daylight, I'll probably correct that seeing as it will get annoying backing our of parking spots every time.

Yeah, its a minor issue, just dont be afraid to cut too much.

BTW, seeing your rig, makes me REALLY want your front end. Love the look of the newer pathys

-Kyle

Thanks man, it's funny how minor but noticeable the facelift was. Oh, and i'll be the first to admit, I wish they wouldn't have made such a dark maroon. Like I said the pics dark and it's dirty, but it looks straight purple there ha. I love the maroon/red shade that mitsubishi painted the montero

Looks good bro. Thats gonna be my next tire size that i will be going with and ofcourse it will be the Duratrek as well.At the moment i have the oem size 245/70 R16 on 16 inch pro comp rock crawlers.

Edited by MAXPATH

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the burgundy. Who is the other member here with the burgundy R50? Makes me want to paint mine, or trade for an all black non-pre facelifted with a tire carrier and a manual transmission.

If your car had a manual, i would literally trade you straight across.

-Kyle

EDIT: im an idiot and read too fast, he wants exactly what i hope to create. LOL

Edited by ferrariowner123

Wash!

I'd say it has a pretty good stance for not being lifted. Now to find out how it handles off the pavement!

Okay, seeing your wheels, i know i want the hub covers. Those make the wheel complete.

Looks amazing, winter must ruin the beauty of that paint.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Okay, seeing your wheels, i know i want the hub covers. Those make the wheel complete.

Looks amazing, winter must ruin the beauty of that paint.

-Kyle

Yup the chrome center caps definitely complete the look and match to the chrome of the grill. Next cosmetic thing might be front window tint to match the factory back, nothing too extreme. Then I think I'm done with the exterior. Might throw in a cold air intake too.

Edited by iPath

• 4 weeks later...

I am going through the same decision processes. I really like the results on your truck.

Did you go with 3.75" back spacing? Or something else?