Who Owns / Runs NPORA these days?

SteeevO

RedPath88 has been, though I believe there was a donation from a member here as well. Running costs are far less than they used to be since the move off IPBHOST servers.

Members in the past have donated $, Red was footing it for a while (voluntarily IIRC), and currently the bills are paid for a while. As Simon mentioned, the forced move was actually a significant savings of $.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

B

ok cool thanks guys.

Well, Although we've got the vendor section of the boards in here now I feel that it would be beneficial to have site sponsors not just for monetary support for the board but to help out nissan parts vendors like myself. Selling parts to the nissan community is a niche market and it's difficult to advertise. we're limited on options of places to advertise that would reach our customers. Otherwise the only other option we have is to stay active on the board all the time, not that I don't want to stay active on the board but there just simply isn't always something going on that's worth talking about not to mention all the other boards that people like myself would have to keep up on all the time which would be a full time job in itself. NPORA is a great board and I've got some great supporters here, I just wish I could kick NPORA some cash and get a banner ad.

• Like 1

Dam, serious answers already... now he'll never believe the lies i dreamed up as a response :lol:

(true)side note though, Tex (TerranoNZ for those who don't know)is the other Moderator missing from the list

:jacked:

SteeevO,

What B and Simon mentioned above is basically it. The forced move from IPB's servers accelerated the move we had planned to do anyway. The decision to move was made because it substantially reduced NPORA’s operational costs.

Over the years, covering those costs where supplemented by member donations. But a recent donation by one member allowed NPORA’s bills to be paid up for several years… yes everybody, that means NPORA is at no risk of going anywhere for AT LEAST the next few years, (not that it really is anyway) :aok:

I completely understand where you are coming from and agree than cross-support within the community can be beneficial to all. However, as a member of many forums I also know that an ad free environment makes for a more user friendly forum, especially in our modern ad rich society.

Now, with that said I also believe that a low number of smaller non-intrusive ads can be of little issue, when properly implemented.

As for NPORA adding ads to the website, that is not my decision. NPORA is not run by me or any other single person. Decisions are made by the Mod Team as a whole.

We’ve had discussions regarding the addition of ads to NPORA a few times before and we’ll revisit it again. :beer:

RedPath88,

thanks for revisiting this situation again with the mod team. I totally understand where you're coming from in not wanting the boards cluttered with ads but I'm sure there is some sort of middle road compromise solution that would keep NPORA members happy as well as include non-intrusive ad space for vendors that are trying push this niche market forward.

Please keep me in the loop on this subject and feel free to give me a ring, shoot me an e-mail or heck even come knock on my door if something changes.

909-547-4651