body lift?

joa_taste

Anybody in the Vegas area know where i can get a body lift for a decent price?

I would do it myself but i feel like its not like cutting springs or changing coilovers.. and plus i don't trust myself enough to do a trusting job. lol feel like ill mess it up

Thanks

Joa,

While I do not live in your area, so I cannot comment on what kind of shops would do a body lift for you, I'd assume most offroad shops would if you gave them the instructions/kit.

Here are your options for body lifts, 2" or 3"-

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/body-lifts-pathfinder-c-117_354.html

It is not entirely complicated, in fact it was the first thing I ever did mechanically on any vehicle. There are good writeups on this site, and more than enough people have done them

if you run into trouble so perhaps you will decide to do it. If you're still looking for a shop to do it, I suggest contacting a local offroad forum or club to see who they trust to do work

on their rigs, and give them a call to see if they are interested in doing it.

While it isn't like cutting springs or changing coilovers, I wouldn't say that it is any more difficult or invasive. Unbolt a few select items for clearance, unbolt body, lift, rebolt, and

change a few things (gas fill tube, steering column etc).

I agree, take a look at the write-ups here before you decide not to do it yourself. There is a fair amount of work involved, but most of it is not hard, per se. If you have some tools, a place to work and a good friend to help, it can easily be managed in a weekend. I did mine by myself with the vehicle parked on the street, so it can't be that hard... ;)

All that said, sometimes it's better to have it done by a reputable shop; no one can make that call for you.

B

Thanks fellas, Yeah ive been eyeing the one on the 4x4parts.com. Ive called around for quotes and its ranged from 400-900 in labor and the parts are only like 1 to 2 hundred. I would prefer taking it to someone that has done it before. But i guess i was too quick to wimp out. I didn't think of looking around here for a writeup.. 0_o lol

THanks again guys will do some studying

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am looking to do a body lift on mine also. I got a quote from extreme off-road for $400.00 and have to supply the body lift. The 4x4parts body lift is the one I am eyeing also and am probably going to do it myself. Does not look that hard to do, looks more like alot of time to get everything ready. If you need any help let me know, would be glad to give a hand on the weekends.