VG30DE N/A in a 93 pathy

nismopathy93

So I am gearing up for an install of a 300 hp vg30de n/a into my 93 pathfinder I have swapped bellhousings on the tranny to a turbo bellhousing and I am rebuilding the tranny. I only have one pic so far but this weekend should bring more!!!

motorpic.jpg

• Like 2

So I am gearing up for an install of a 300 hp vg30de n/a

Sorry to burst your bubble but unless that motor is seriously modded, you cannot get 300 hp from just the DE alone. The stock output for a N/A DE is 222 hp and 198 ft/lbs of torque.

It has turbo heads on it and huge pistons it is very well built and will have a custom tune on the computer once it hits the dyno so yes it can hit the 300 mark and no kyle no turbos possibly a super charger down the road but not right away!

• Like 2

It has turbo heads on it and huge pistons it is very well built and will have a custom tune on the computer once it hits the dyno so yes it can hit the 300 mark and no kyle no turbos possibly a super charger down the road but not right away!

And everything is ported and big throttle bodies

What's the compression ratio? Cams? How bored over?

That's gonna be a mean little truck!

compression is 10.5:1 and the cams are 5sp cams and the bore is stock. Here is a few more pics of the future my 200 dollar hp dana 60 that needs sw outters still the 40 mtrs for mock up future will bring new 39.5 pitbulls the motor on my engine stand and the pathy.

photo22.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo13.jpg

In that case, it's a really good swap. I like it. The DEs have some really nice looking heads. You would also get the advantage of playing with variable timing along with some other goodies like coil on plug ignition. The only part that's kind of a detriment to the VG30DE is they have 1 less bolt per cylinder for the head than the VG30E. The VG30DE has 4 where the VG30E has 5. Then you might run into trouble of getting it to clear the narrow engine bay properly but it has been done before. Good luck with the swap.

Edited by Tungsten
  • Like 1

thanks man it should be fun when it is done we are gonna throw it up on the dyno and put a custom tune on the computer to squeeze out as much power as we can!!! I can not wait til its in and running!!

made some progress this morning I got the dually 60 switched over to single wheel and bolted the 40s on it and set the pathy down on it I still have to cut the hanger off and widen it out to fit the full with axle but its rolling again. I am gonna put new springs on and when I do I will move the center pin back 1.5 inches also

preview_image_0_26137742x-1.jpgpreview_image_0_32207972x-2.jpg

I wheel at browns camp in the tfs mostly and there is full width rigs there all the time I just wanted some thing differnt. I may decide to narrow the stuff down the road but I have never ran full size before so I just thought what the hell

• 3 months later...

Finally got after a bit of pathy work today. I started grinding on my dana 60 sorry no pics tonight but there will be some tomorrow I just about have the long side C ready to beat off and then I can cut the 4 1/2 inches off it and weld it back together. Plus I have my wheel adapters for the rear so I can convert from 6 to 8 lug and slap them 40s on the back to see where to start cutting the body!!

Well after a long bit of grinding and beating with a huge hammer i got my C off now i can cut my tube off and reinstall it!! Seems like a ton of work for four and a half inches. While tearing down the axle i found that the bearings in the bottom never saw a grease gun from the prior owner so its a kingpin rebuild kit for this guy!!y6uveba2.jpg