Flare mounts

r3mDollz

Hey guys,

I have been searching a fair bit, through this forum and others but I'm still unable to find an answer. How have you mounted your flares after trimming the wheel arch seeing as the factory points are removed? obviously stock flares are out, but for rubber DIY flares or garden edging even? any help/ideas are much appreciated!

Cheers

Nick

AK9849cy (Grandpa X) cut his fenders and installed aftermarket flares, somewhere in this thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31207-87-twin-turbo-sas-1-inch-lift/

He has a two-door, which gave more room in the back. Your 4-door might be more problematic here, if you want to do the kind of trim he did.

I love the two-tone though! :D

Ah beautiful! That thread is a really good read! Yeah being the 4 door had to make up some new brackets, went a lot smoother than planned and turned out pretty nice IMO.

Thanks! I really like the look of a few of the trucks going around here, but i can't part with the Blue/Silver two tone :wub:

If only we had the aftermarket support of the GQ!

Finally got around to doing some more work, sorry about the poor quality, was pretty dark when i finished.

img1183cf.jpg

rough outline

img1172he.jpg

first cut

img1175x.jpg

second cut

img1177h.jpg

new brackets riveted and sika flex'd in

img1180kgc.jpg

flares fastened

img1186vc.jpg

img1183m.jpg

img1190o.jpg

And the rears

img1192sx.jpg

img1194x.jpg

Tomorrow morning I'm going to attempt to respray my truck so ill post some finished photos after that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...