VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

What was the yearly production for the nismo editions?

And thought gtr's transmissions were tailored to their engine. Also what happened to the original transmission?

-Kyle

IIRC it was 1000/year on the Nismo 350z

It apparently had a small leak, so the owner drove it unknowingly with no trans fluid and it went kaput!

Hopefully this is not a sign of the way the day will be today.... :lol:

Guy said he had a Frontier truck. He asked me for platnium intake bolts. I was a little confused if he was needing bolts or spark plugs or who knows what. So I asked and he said yes plantium bolts.

At the end of the conversation I determined he needed intake PLENUM bolts.

• Like 2

And the hits just keep on coming......

We sold a fuel tank to a lady yesterday for her older truck. She called irate and yelling and said the new one has a hole in it so I told her to bring it up here and we can look at it.

She just brought it up here still upset because the new tank has "a large hole in it". as she kept saying

Indeed yes it does have a large hole in it....that large hole is for the fuel pump.

Amazing.

• Like 4

We sold a fuel tank to a lady yesterday for her older truck. She called irate and yelling and said the new one has a hole in it so I told her to bring it up here and we can look at it.

She just brought it up here still upset because the new tank has "a large hole in it". as she kept saying

Indeed yes it does have a large hole in it....that large hole is for the fuel pump.

Amazing.

This made me choke on my food. Chinese food. Sesame Chicken. Therefore, you made me Choke my Chicken.

So if she didn't know that fuel tank come with holes to get the fuel out. What on earth is she doing attempting to put a new one in??

But good on her for trying to do it herself, I guess she just need something a little more explanatory than a Chiltons. Lol

-Kyle

So if she didn't know that fuel tank come with holes to get the fuel out. What on earth is she doing attempting to put a new one in??

But good on her for trying to do it herself, I guess she just need something a little more explanatory than a Chiltons. Lol

-Kyle

She ordered/paid for it from us so her mechanic could put it in on Monday.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is not a sign of the way the day will be today.... :lol:

Guy said he had a Frontier truck. He asked me for platnium intake bolts. I was a little confused if he was needing bolts or spark plugs or who knows what. So I asked and he said yes plantium bolts.

At the end of the conversation I determined he needed intake PLENUM bolts.

:laugh: Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the GT-R transmission picture I promised. To get some size reference, note that to the left of the crate in the black crate is a regular transaxle transmission. Behind the GT-R crate are vehicle hoods.

IMG00253-20140129-1801_zpsce884128.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing.

I was filling up the other day, and I had to help a small family unscrew the gas cap on their brand new Dodge Ram. It was even customized, so you'd think they'd have an idea how to get the cap off... Turned it to the left, as usual, and it came right off. :laugh:

Edited by Karmann
  • Like 1

I was filling up the other day, and I had to help a small family unscrew the gas cap on their brand new Dodge Ram. It was even customized, so you'd think they'd have an idea how to get the cap off... Turned it to the left, as usual, and it came right off. :laugh:

146275d1248616201-now-there-new-bod-1247

I teach a bicycle repair course at my shop through the winter months, you'd be surprised how often I have to remind people "lefty loosy, righty tighty"

The capacity of humanity for an inherent lack of common sense never fails to amaze me. . .

146275d1248616201-now-there-new-bod-1247

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

• Like 1

The Flintstones are from Texas? :scratchhead:

B

Apparently.

And of course everyone knows I hate Quest vans.

Edited by Alkorahil

I got to play today with a 08 Pathfinder with a YD25DDTI motor.

It was fun looking up parts for it. They just needed suspension parts but it was fun looking at the motor and the parts diagrams for it.