32x11.5x15 or 33x10.5x15 with AC lift

erathge

Hey guys, its almost time for new tires and I'm debating between the two sizes mentioned. I know that both sizes have been done by members so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any experiences to share. The less trimming (hopefully none) the better. The tires will be BFG All Terrains. Current size is 265/70/16.

Specs of the vehicle: 2000 with 2" AC lift, 1" nx4 strut spacers, 15x8 pro comp wheels with 3.75" backspacing

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can share.

4A07F36B-DDA0-437C-8E7C-DCAF7630F752-5108-00000696930A9F64.jpg

I have 285/75/16 (or 32.8x11") Wrangler MTR on 3.75", 16x8 pro comp wheels. It also has 2" ac lift.

When the rear flexes, the tire gets stuffed in and kicks the fender flare out. That's a guarantee.

As for the front, during full turn, front tires rub the fender flares. Little trimming is required on the front fender flares around the bottom corner. You won't even notice when looking at it from the side. Since you have the NX spacer, you might not have to trim as much.

Regarding tire-to-strut clearance, there's like 0.75-1" distance between them. I'm thinking on going with 305/70/16 (still a 32.8x12") next summer and see if it clears the struts.

Edited by dududuckling

On a 16" wheel you'd be looking at a 255/85R16. I've had great luck with that in a BFG MT. One thing, the tire absolutely no floatation. It will cut through a lot of mud or snow, but it's not staying on top of anything!

Sorry, I should have clarified. The wheels I'm going to be using are 15" pro comps, not the 16" stockers in the pictures. Thanks for the input so far!

Captandy, your truck looks awesome, I'm just wondering how fender flares will affect rubbing if I go with the 33's

we have identical setups and im convinced rubbing on flares will not be an issue..could be wrong,i dont have flares, the tires get delivered http://www.discountt.../direct/home.do (by the way ihave ordered multiple tires and never had a better shopping experience than here..the staff is awesome and theres always a little extra discount when you ask nice) and when you see them you will have yourself convinced no way they will fit!!! then BAM!!!wow! a little triming,(I used a steak knife) the right hand crank rub is against the frame.

Edited by captandy

Yes, thanks for the reply, the shop I'm dealing with was able to do a test fit for me and it was tight, but there was enough room with the 15" wheel. So pretty much everyone agrees that a 33x10.5 will be better than a 32x11.5?